ADuiePyle | Pyle People Deliver

xeastend

TB Veteran
Credits
Prepared for any situation
tUkQOz4.jpg

Talking to my friend this morning they seem like their doing good. They've offered furloughs to drivers paying for their benefits while taking a short term layoff.

Dayton freight is doing the same thing at the moment. A few six week furloughs at each terminal.
I just got my packet. Furlough till June 15. Each terminal has a target number. Voluntary to start. If the targets are not met, then by length on service starting at the bottom. All benefits stay intact.

I just got my packet. Furlough till June 15. Each terminal has a target number. Voluntary to start. If the targets are not met, then by length on service starting at the bottom. All benefits stay intact.
We may have more if things get worse this month. I know that areas like Detroit were hit very hard. I could only imagine how bad it is for Pyle with areas like NYC.

We may have more if things get worse this month. I know that areas like Detroit were hit very hard. I could only imagine how bad it is for Pyle with areas like NYC.
I have not seen the numbers for the other terminals. But yes, guessing each area is hit differently. Thought I read on our internal site that GE Dedicated in Tennessee is totally shut.

I wouldn't count on that 10% coming back. They wanted linehaul on mileage a few months ago. Best case scenario give back 3+ years of wage increases and let them get that back over the next 5 years. YRC's playbook used here.

10% was restored 2 weeks ahead of schedule (June 15th), back to full pay as of the June 1st.

10% was restored 2 weeks ahead of schedule (June 15th), back to full pay as of the June 1st.
Good to hear. I would recommend you look into linehaul vacation scheduling next. As I don't work there anymore there are friends of mine that do and find the grouping of terminals insane. It was a big part in my reason to move on. Shortage of drivers should mean an improvement in working conditions and for drivers on linehaul that means a quality week with family that another terminal should have nothing to do with.

Good to hear. I would recommend you look into linehaul vacation scheduling next. As I don't work there anymore there are friends of mine that do and find the grouping of terminals insane. It was a big part in my reason to move on. Shortage of drivers should mean an improvement in working conditions and for drivers on linehaul that means a quality week with family that another terminal should have nothing to do with.
Forgive me for not knowing how it works at ADP, I’m an ABF retiree on the West Coast...are you saying all LH drivers are grouped together for vacation selection regardless of which terminal they’re domiciled at?

Forgive me for not knowing how it works at ADP, I’m an ABF retiree on the West Coast...are you saying all LH drivers are grouped together for vacation selection regardless of which terminal they’re domiciled at?
I am a l/h driver at ADP. If I am mistaken, sure someone will chime in. Company gets divided into regions. For l/h vaca purposes around 40 drivers per region. All how they interline with each other. Some are large enough to be on their own. WCH is an example. Picks are made in the fall for the next calendar year based on length of service