ODFL | Qestions On A New Terminal.

Boilerpeddle

Drawing found in trailer
Credits
As some of you probably know ABF is going through some changes. They are moving our local terminal and it will be all but out of reach for some of our guys. I just heard a rumor that ODFL is building a new terminal that would be much closer for some.

It got me wondering....If its true...how ODFL is likely to staff a brand new terminal?

I'm guessing that There would be a lot of transfers but also they must be planning on hiring new employees.
I'm thinking that it might be a good fit for some of our guys who cant make such a long drive every day.
Its supposed to be a fairly big terminal. 100 doors.
Has anyone experienced the opening of a brand new terminal?
How did it go?

As some of you probably know ABF is going through some changes. They are moving our local terminal and it will be all but out of reach for some of our guys. I just heard a rumor that ODFL is building a new terminal that would be much closer for some.

It got me wondering....If its true...how ODFL is likely to staff a brand new terminal?

I'm guessing that There would be a lot of transfers but also they must be planning on hiring new employees.
I'm thinking that it might be a good fit for some of our guys who cant make such a long drive every day.
How did it go?
And where are you talking about??

And where are you talking about??
About 40 50 miles south of indy.. Not sure if its going to be called Taylorsville, Edinburg, or Columbus.
Actually, for that matter, not sure its a real thing at all. Just something I heard from a shipping supervisor that lives in the area. I assumed he heard it from the local news/newspaper. No ground broken yet, just some survey flags next to the field that he indicated would be the site.

About 40 50 miles south of indy.. Not sure if its going to be called Taylorsville, Edinburg, or Columbus.
Actually, for that matter, not sure its a real thing at all. Just something I heard from a shipping supervisor that lives in the area. I assumed he heard it from the local news/newspaper. No ground broken yet, just some survey flags next to the field that he indicated would be the site.
Hopefully someone closer will respond.

How did it go?
You're talking about Edinburgh. When we opened our

How did it go?
You're talking about Edinburgh right? I'm an Indy driver and we we're just told that terminal would be open by the end of the year. We're moving some of our city operations down there. They're not sure about linehaul positions just yet. If they staff it like they did our Brownsburg terminal when it opened they offered transfers to drivers and allowed them to take their bid seniority with them. They moved city routes and offered the drivers that were on them to follow the routes to Brownsburg. Some guys were forced to transfer to keep their jobs.

Ya it’ll be in Edinburgh by the outlet mall moving a lot of the Indy territory to it originally was fall of this year to open last I heard was first quarter next year so who knows gotta break ground first

Ya it’ll be in Edinburgh by the outlet mall moving a lot of the Indy territory to it originally was fall of this year to open last I heard was first quarter next year so who knows gotta break ground first
We just had our driver meetings in Indy this week and we were told Edinburgh will be up and running by the end of this year.