XPO | QLA rip off?

HoosierWarParty

TB Lurker
Credits
The QLA list first quarter winners were posted at my terminal yesterday. The drivers at XML were laughing at the list because they had a winner at XML no one knows who he is. He is listed as an AE at XML. There are a couple of DSR's at XML are much more deserving of this award then this "non-exsistant" AE. One case in particular was back in February from what I was told that a fork lift was being stored in a trailer and it blew up when it was started and the blast temporarily knocked out another dsr. A DSR who was loading across the dock from the blast turned around ran over to it and would have ran into the trailer and got the DSR out of the trailer if he did not come to while this fork lift was on fire. He went and got a fire extinguisher and started to put the fire out until 2 more DSR's came and helped out. Here is another case where the wrong people get recognized for accomplishments. His quick thinking I feel prevented something that could have been worse. Even the fire department commended his bravery. This guy was not even nominated. He got a hat for his quick thinking. What a joke.

[quote author=HoosierWarParty link=topic=80707.msg834614#msg834614 date=1275475607]
His quick thinking I feel prevented something that could have been worse. Even the fire department commended his bravery. This guy was not even nominated. He got a hat for his quick thinking. What a joke.
[/quote]
Don't you get a hat just for showing up?

[quote author=primadona link=topic=80707.msg834619#msg834619 date=1275477643]
[quote author=HoosierWarParty link=topic=80707.msg834614#msg834614 date=1275475607]
His quick thinking I feel prevented something that could have been worse. Even the fire department commended his bravery. This guy was not even nominated. He got a hat for his quick thinking. What a joke.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking, they give people hats on their first day with the company. I also agree the the QLA and the PLA is a joke and a waste of resources. The SCM at my barn won both of these awards last quarter. He was awarded them for shutting down all operations at our barn, (85 drivers), thereby putting our personal safety above the concern of freight operations. The real joke here is we were in a blizzard , and over half of the drivers, including myself, couldn't even get out of our driveways, let alone get to work. That, plus the fact the Ia and Ne DOT had all of the highways closed in our area. The company forced everyone that had PTO days left over to use them for the day we "missed" because the terminal was closed. Then forced the bottom 16 guys to work the dock the following saturday. And for this he got both awards and was flown to the crystal palace to kiss John's ring.

The whole QLA program for the most part is a joke. It sounds like what is going on at our Barn is the same as everywhere else . The people at our barn that gets nominated are the drinking buddies of management and the people who have there heads positioned inside a body cavity of management :buttkisser: :buttkisser: . When they force us to set and watch a video about these :buttkisser: it is offensive. Although now that we are on a 70 hour week I can watch the crap and get paid for it.

[quote author=dcmilkwagon link=topic=80707.msg834652#msg834652 date=1275489220]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking, they give people hats on their first day with the company. I also agree the the QLA and the PLA is a joke and a waste of resources. The SCM at my barn won both of these awards last quarter. He was awarded them for shutting down all operations at our barn, (85 drivers), thereby putting our personal safety above the concern of freight operations. The real joke here is we were in a blizzard , and over half of the drivers, including myself, couldn't even get out of our driveways, let alone get to work. That, plus the fact the Ia and Ne DOT had all of the highways closed in our area. The company forced everyone that had PTO days left over to use them for the day we "missed" because the terminal was closed. Then forced the bottom 16 guys to work the dock the following saturday. And for this he got both awards and was flown to the crystal palace to kiss John's ring.
[/quote]

Forcing people to use PTO days for things beyond their control is the new mantra at Con-Way...just another way to eliminate any 'power' the employee may have....

Kool-Aid drinkers please feel free to chime in....I will love to hear the company's reasoning for this decision.

Rat

[quote author=gunner1119 link=topic=80707.msg834694#msg834694 date=1275498980]
The whole QLA program for the most part is a joke. It sounds like what is going on at our Barn is the same as everywhere else . The people at our barn that gets nominated are the drinking buddies of management and the people who have there heads positioned inside a body cavity of management :buttkisser: :buttkisser: . When they force us to set and watch a video about these :buttkisser: it is offensive. Although now that we are on a 70 hour week I can watch the crap and get paid for it.
[/quote]

I look at this stuff and shake my head...

Some of the winners are deserving...then I see RMs and SCMs on the list and I am forced to ask...for what?...what the hell have they done?...

Other than setting behind computers...looking at e-mails and numbers...and exploring ways to eliminate the workforce...

Thats leadership?!...

Maybe it is at Con-Way...but intelligent people just shake their heads and wonder why...

It is amazing what this company has become...makes me shake my head as well...

Does anyone have a link to the big picture?...

I can't seem to find it.

Rat

[quote author=Rat link=topic=80707.msg834843#msg834843 date=1275538484]
[/quote]

I look at this stuff and shake my head...

Some of the winners are deserving...then I see RMs and SCMs on the list and I am forced to ask...for what?...what the hell have they done?...

Other than setting behind computers...looking at e-mails and numbers...and exploring ways to eliminate the workforce...

Thats leadership?!...

Maybe it is at Con-Way...but intelligent people just shake their heads and wonder why...

It is amazing what this company has become...makes me shake my head as well...

Does anyone have a link to the big picture?...

I can't seem to find it.

Rat
[/quote] i think it is in the employee handbook

[quote author=Rat link=topic=80707.msg834839#msg834839 date=1275536605]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Forcing people to use PTO days for things beyond their control is the new mantra at Con-Way...just another way to eliminate any 'power' the employee may have....

Kool-Aid drinkers please feel free to chime in....I will love to hear the company's reasoning for this decision.

Rat
[/quote]I think most people would want to use a PTO day and not miss any pay....If you don't need to use the PTO day so as to not miss any pay, then what's the problem? I dont see the argument here..

And, BTW, I think the QLA is a waste of time..

[quote author=beerfd link=topic=80707.msg835265#msg835265 date=1275712633]
I think most people would want to use a PTO day and not miss any pay....If you don't need to use the PTO day so as to not miss any pay, then what's the problem? I dont see the argument here..

And, BTW, I think the QLA is a waste of time..
[/quote]

The problem here was, I was one of those 16 forced to work that following saturday. I would rather have worked saturday as straight time and saved one of my precious pto days, (as in Personal Time Off), at my disgression. I earn those days to be used how and when I want to use them, they are not CC days for the company to use when they want to.

[quote author=Rat link=topic=80707.msg834839#msg834839 date=1275536605]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Rat
[/quote]Who even cares @ this crap anymore, let alone :badword: about it?

[/quote]
I agree that it is a joke. Sometimes it is a personal thing. Have someone on the nominating committee that you don't get along with and guess what. Yep, I know that a few have been passed over just because of personal reasons. Really isn't about merit then is it. Quit wasting my time with this prestigious award. :nono:

Rat
[/quote]

I thought that P.T.O......now stands for Paid Time Off and is the only paid time off we have now. I thought they eliminated "vacation" days, etc. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The QLA list first quarter winners were posted at my terminal yesterday. The drivers at XML were laughing at the list because they had a winner at XML no one knows who he is. He is listed as an AE at XML. There are a couple of DSR's at XML are much more deserving of this award then this "non-exsistant" AE. One case in particular was back in February from what I was told that a fork lift was being stored in a trailer and it blew up when it was started and the blast temporarily knocked out another dsr. A DSR who was loading across the dock from the blast turned around ran over to it and would have ran into the trailer and got the DSR out of the trailer if he did not come to while this fork lift was on fire. He went and got a fire extinguisher and started to put the fire out until 2 more DSR's came and helped out. Here is another case where the wrong people get recognized for accomplishments. His quick thinking I feel prevented something that could have been worse. Even the fire department commended his bravery. This guy was not even nominated. He got a hat for his quick thinking. What a joke.
[/quote]

So why haven't you gone on the employee portal and filled out the form to nominate the driver that saved the day? Sometimes it's not the wrong people getting recognized, it's the only people getting recognized. We all have the ability to nominate one another. And, there's no expiration date on good marks.

[quote author=Merdock link=topic=80707.msg835603#msg835603 date=1275839064]
[/quote]

So why haven't you gone on the employee portal and filled out the form to nominate the driver that saved the day? Sometimes it's not the wrong people getting recognized, it's the only people getting recognized. We all have the ability to nominate one another. And, there's no expiration date on good marks.
[/quote]
Been there and done that Mr. Merdock. Done it a couple of times. 1st time before we could do it on the Portal 2nd time on the Portal. Afterwards I was even given a taking to because of the persons I nominated and why I nominated them. It all boiled down to the people I nominated was a hard workers and spoke their mind ,wasn't inside the drinking circle and didn't :buttkisser: so there for was never even recognized for being nominated. Once a person in magment ever nominated another DSR and got him the QLA award just to show those of us outside the circle how much we counted. It's not how hard a person works or leads it's all who :buttkisser: the right butts
Also Merdock , I didn't right this just to :stir: . This is how things works around our area.

You should call the 1 800 number then if thats how the operation in your part of the world rolls. I would not put up with it for a minute. You know what they say, the squeaky wheels gets greased. I would start squeaking because the from your descriptions, the managment in your terminal has created a hostile work enviroment and I guarantee you that the folks in Ann Arbor need to hear about it in order for things to change.

[quote author=snaildriver link=topic=80707.msg835864#msg835864 date=1275944067]
At this company, the squeaky wheel gets replaced!
[/quote]

That is bull ::shit::. You and I must work for different companies because thats not how things work in my part of the world. There is not a system in place to get rid of drivers who have a problem with how they are being managed at my barn. I have never found my SCM door closed to myself or any other driver and I know ALOT OF DRIVERS who have called the 1 800 number when the SCM could not solve their problem. Every single one of them is still working.