1. All employers have a social media policy, Your identity is UNKNOWN on Truckingboards unless you reveal it somehow yourself. When you post to Facebook Trucking Groups, everybody knows your name. Think about it.

Qualifications

Discussion in 'Schneider National' started by Cromag, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Cromag

Cromag Member

I'm trying to get a position with Schneider running walmart and the qualifications say you must live within 75 miles and I live 94. Are they that strict with this rule for hiring drivers?

2. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    Have you CALLED Schneider to confirm??

Schneider is most assuredly that particular as MANY COMPANIES have specific QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS that they will not alter simply because someone lives 20 miles outside the specified parameter. **Exceptions however sometimes do apply**talk to your local Trucking Company SAFETY DEPARTMENT for more information**
    Schneider, like most other large and small carriers are particularly anal towards DUI, DWI, OUI convictions REGARDLESS of age (like, for example, over 20 years old and especially within the last 7 years) as well SPEEDING TICKETS of, say, 15mph and over in the last 3/5/7/10 years.
    If these Companies began altering their QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS for 1 or more Persons, why then were these QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS created?!
    Companies don't simply make up QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS to irritate people, they make them for THEIR REASONS and generally adhere strictly.
    Same with RULES/REGULATIONS.

3. pick

pick New Member

they and others that have dedicated runs will have mileage requirements, that way they know how long it will take you to get to the yard - they do not have mileage restrictions for OTR runs as far as I know - I just applied to them as well for an OTR slot and I am way outside 100 mile radius...