Pitt-Ohio | Quality of your dispatch

Mine does pretty decent. I don't think that he has been in a truck, but if you prove that you can make good decisions, he will leave you alone and let you do what is best for that particular day. For example, if I bring back a stop today, he knows that I will make that one a priority tomorrow.

suggest you dispatch for a day. Try to satisfy TM, salesmen, drivers, shop steward and oh yes, the shippers.'
I managed a city terminal with 40 PD Drivers and would cover dispatch when needed.
by 3pm my armpits were wet from taking customer phone calls, working with drivers on the radio using a foot peddle, answering the customer service clerks and trying to eat lunch.

suggest you dispatch for a day. Try to satisfy TM, salesmen, drivers, shop steward and oh yes, the shippers.'
I managed a city terminal with 40 PD Drivers and would cover dispatch when needed.
by 3pm my armpits were wet from taking customer phone calls, working with drivers on the radio using a foot peddle, answering the customer service clerks and trying to eat lunch.
I’d give it a shot. Far as Im concerned shop stewer 3PLs and sales turds can ESAD. Sooner you getcher work done sooner you can come home. Oh and heres a good one for you dumbasses out thar that one of our idiots actually did. Don’t send a driver out his way to pick up 1 skid from a place where another driver’s emptying out at

Maven was supposed to make p&d more efficient. Instead we have a sea of returns missed picks and no one cares that linehaul leaves late daily

Maven was supposed to make p&d more efficient. Instead we have a sea of returns missed picks and no one cares that linehaul leaves late daily
We were the first terminal to use Maven and it has definitely caused some problems that will hopefully get worked out over time and as all terminals get on board. That being said, no amount of technology can fix the problems created by an inefficient dispatcher. Add to that the fact that one of our biggest shippers is 2 1/2 hours away from the terminal (not uncommon in more rural areas within the company) and all too often the city drivers are not heading back to the terminal until after 6pm. From there it’s a snowball effect as each shift returns late because of the previous shift. I’m cautiously optimistic because I haven’t seen much improvement in getting trucks out and back quicker in the almost 15 years I’ve been here.

We were the first terminal to use Maven and it has definitely caused some problems that will hopefully get worked out over time and as all terminals get on board. That being said, no amount of technology can fix the problems created by an inefficient dispatcher. Add to that the fact that one of our biggest shippers is 2 1/2 hours away from the terminal (not uncommon in more rural areas within the company) and all too often the city drivers are not heading back to the terminal until after 6pm. From there it’s a snowball effect as each shift returns late because of the previous shift. I’m cautiously optimistic because I haven’t seen much improvement in getting trucks out and back quicker in the almost 15 years I’ve been here.
I agree 100%, linehaul departures get later and later every year and there is so much road construction going on that makes further delays in run time. Cut times for longer runs need to leave at least a half hour earlier.

Word has it pitt owns 70% of maven
Maven is headquartered in Pittsburgh and I vaguely remember something being mentioned a few years ago about Pitt Ohio’s involvement in developing our program and one of the local universities being involved as well. I’ve heard rumors as well but couldn’t find anything regarding Pitt having an ownership interest in Maven.

I agree 100%, linehaul departures get later and later every year and there is so much road construction going on that makes further delays in run time. Cut times for longer runs need to leave at least a half hour earlier.

That's been an argument since the beginning. Outbound wants later cut times and inbound wants their freight by 4 am

In my experience the time Linehaul gets out has a ton to do with the outbound supervisor. Yes city drivers get back late but a good supervisor can sometimes manipulate loads to get guys out early or at least on time. For instance old supervisor from several years ago always got one of our 590 mile runs out after 930. New supervisor that actually moves off the tower gets the load out by 830 everyday.