TForce | Question about anti lock brakes

Well T251 I never slid my trailer sideways to back in a dock on dry pavement.
I only did it on snow covered parking lots.
I've only been a driver trainer since August of this year.
I was only posting about the old days when you could depend on your trailer brakes locking up.
Before I leave my terminals yard,in snowy weather I pull down the chicken stick to see how my trailer will respond in a slide.

This years first snow fall was when I discovered the new UPS freight trailer I have on my route slides,and free wheels.
This was my first encounter with these anti-lock brakes.

As a rule I gear down,not using the brakes very much,during my route activities.

I don't like how these brakes respond,when I need to have brakes in an emergency I can see my trailer going out of control with this braking system.
Thats why I posted this on the truckingboards to find out what my options were.
I see by your responce that I'm going to have to put up with these brakes,if I like it or not,just to keep my job at UPS Freight.
With this information you've just posted T251 I can only pray to God that I will never need to depend on these brakes,no matter what the road conditions are.

Thank you to all that tryed to help me on this thread.
If you work for any UPS division,you've got to do it their way,or pack it in,and hire on else where.

Why would you want trailer brakes to lock up, skidding tires do not stop you faster or give you more control.

"free wheeeling" as you called it on your ABS trailer is exactly what it is suppose to do on snow covered pavemnet if you spike the trolly. The brakes are actually working only they are working better than if they were skidding, causing lost of control. ie sliding side ways.

And by the way what happens when you do your Joey chitwood stunt in a snow covered parking lot and the snow is covering an iced parking lot. Seems you'd have to have little speed to get it going to make your stunt slide. Maybe you've been lucky all these years. It's diffeently not a professional act. It's an unsafe act.

Modern technology is for the betterment of modern life. Improvements to the indusrty happen daily. Learning to adapt to these changes makes you a better person to do the job, do the job safely, do the job correctly.

Adapt to the changes, don't changes the adaptions.

T251

They don't work properly when your gear is non antilock and only the front trlr and tractor are. Your tractor and front pup pulse but your gear locks up as well as the rear and if you have triples its multiplied. Even if you have an antilock cord between the front and rear trlr the gear will still lock up.

Tell me how this is safe.

Aside from pulling fuses and disconnecting wires I will use a different cord just to have everything work the same.

I was under the IMpression this is the reason for the new UPS bogies?

Well T251 I would rather be the one in control of my trailer brakes.
Thats why I've always tested to see what any trailer I was hooked to did in the yard,before I went out on the city streets.
By me spiking down the brake stick.
I can see how the trailer brakes are going to respond if,or when I need them.
Over these many years I've been driving for a living,I always want to know what way the trailer is going to go if I need to brake in an emergency.

This new to me anti-lock brake system on the 3 month old UPS Freight trailer has really got me thinking,I hope I don't get in a place I'll have to count on spiking down the trailer brakes.
When I put the brakes on a combination,I don't want to see my trailer slide,brake free,rolling,and hopping in directions I have no control over.
I've been talking to other drivers that have this system on their trailers,and have yet to find one that doesn't hate them.
I was hoping to get some ideas by posting this thread to either how to change out of anti-lock to brakes that don't hope,skip,and jump,to brakes that will just slide to a stop.
Now that you've bursted my bubble on that idea T251.
I'm going to have to hope,and pray that I won't have to rely on these trailer brakes.
I'll go with hugnlugs advice,slow,and easy.
Stay as far back as I can from the pack,and gear down like I'm used to doing anyways.
Again I want to thank everyone who offered advice to me on this thread.
All of you truckingboard folks are so kind to me,even though some of you think I'm a total lunatic.
Being a trucker as long as I've been you'll also say,you don't have to be crazy to be a city driver,but it really helps if you are.
Agree,or disagree,this is my opinion.