Central Transport | Question About Central Transport- Sending Item Back W/o Authorization

littleltlguy

TB Lurker
Credits
I had a thread here before the crash asking about Central Transport, and if there was anyone that you folks could put me in touch with.

Central Transport sent the machine back to the machine seller and charged them $575

I had from February 21st until March 13 trying to pick it up. They were supposed to get it the 13th, had a weather delay, they left the schedule up on Recon but when I called about it- Central Transport kept telling me it was in Ohio until the 21st. Then I setup a pickup online. On the way to Chattanooga, at the Ooltewah exit, I tried callling CS/Dispatch in MI back as I'd made a list of things I needed to know and they never called me to answer- I tried all morning and then into the afternoon to find out if they had a ramp or could use. I found out no on ramp, no on being able to use lowering straps, and I found out others in the neighborhood weren't keen on letting them use their forklifts, even for pay.

I had a thread here before the crash asking about Central Transport, and if there was anyone that you folks could put me in touch with.

Central Transport sent the machine back to the machine seller and charged them $575

I had from February 21st until March 13 trying to pick it up. They were supposed to get it the 13th, had a weather delay, they left the schedule up on Recon but when I called about it- Central Transport kept telling me it was in Ohio until the 21st. Then I setup a pickup online. On the way to Chattanooga, at the Ooltewah exit, I tried callling CS/Dispatch in MI back as I'd made a list of things I needed to know and they never called me to answer- I tried all morning and then into the afternoon to find out if they had a ramp or could use. I found out no on ramp, no on being able to use lowering straps, and I found out others in the neighborhood weren't keen on letting them use their forklifts, even for pay.
Yep. Really makes one want to work at central doesn’t it. Train wreck of a company

So what's the question?

So what's the question?
I apologize, that got truncated. I'll learn not to fool with trying to type on a cellphone.

Central Transport MI were to pickup from Seller Feb 13 and have to Chattanooga three days later. I was only able to find my skid by contacting CS/Dispatch in Michigan and they kept telling me the skid was in Ohio. Finally on Feb 21st- I got confirmation

The pallet was 66x79x96(actually closer to 70x80x98), I made every effort to get it- Central's terminal did not want to talk on phone, and dispatch was mostly people who just wanted me to go away. "Our people can handle whatever you need." As a matter of fact, they had no outside forklift, no outside ramp, and they didn't know how to use lowering straps to get it down. The machine they handled it with tipped it- as it was scuffed pretty good.

Sometime between March 9-March 13, Central sent it back to the seller without my authorization.

The seller took it back without my authorization.

The seller now wants the $541 return shipping Central is charging before they will let me get my machine. I'll also have to pay to have it reshipped at $75x via Averitt or AFB.

I had M-Th pickup dates, Feb 21-Mar 9. They wouldn't even return my emails or my calls to confirm they could/would release the machine to the final carrier I was getting it moved by. If they had just confirmed that, it would have been picked up either of two times by a towing company with a flatbed.

My question is simply: Is it normal in LTL to send a shipment back like this ? How about the fact I didn't authorize the Central to ship it, the seller(HGR) to take it back, and now I'm on the hook for another $541 ?

I'm just wondering how this handled elsewhere.

PS: Ask the chimpanzee with the AR-50 to point in other than my direction ? Thanks.

I apologize, that got truncated. I'll learn not to fool with trying to type on a cellphone.

Central Transport MI were to pickup from Seller Feb 13 and have to Chattanooga three days later. I was only able to find my skid by contacting CS/Dispatch in Michigan and they kept telling me the skid was in Ohio. Finally on Feb 21st- I got confirmation

The pallet was 66x79x96(actually closer to 70x80x98), I made every effort to get it- Central's terminal did not want to talk on phone, and dispatch was mostly people who just wanted me to go away. "Our people can handle whatever you need." As a matter of fact, they had no outside forklift, no outside ramp, and they didn't know how to use lowering straps to get it down. The machine they handled it with tipped it- as it was scuffed pretty good.

Sometime between March 9-March 13, Central sent it back to the seller without my authorization.

The seller now wants the $541 return shipping Central is charging before they will let me get my machine. I'll also have to pay to have it reshipped at $75x via Averitt or AFB.

I had M-Th pickup dates, Feb 21-Mar 9. They wouldn't even return my emails or my calls to confirm they could/would release the machine to the final carrier I was getting it moved by. If they had just confirmed that, it would have been picked up either of two times by a towing company with a flatbed.

My question is simply: Is it normal in LTL to send a shipment back like this ? How about the fact I didn't authorize the Central to ship it, the seller(HGR) to take it back, and now I'm on the hook for another $541 ?

PS: Ask the chimpanzee with the AR-50 to point in other than my direction ? Thanks.
Copy. No it is not normal for them to do this. Central should have never moved it back and out for delivery without RMA or RGA (return material/good authorization #) from shipper or a return for credit/inspection authorization . If the shipper authorized neither move, it would be up to central OS&D to move it where they wanted (over short and damage). That's one part . The fact that they moved it back to origin and put it on delivery truck is another matter. It would either move as a revenue bill or free astray. The fact that the original shipper signed for it when it showed back up at their dock is on them. They could have simply not signed for it. This is between central and them. Let me know if I can help more.

I remember the thread . I think they've still got you between a rock and hard place. Central seems like they are simply trying to extricate themselves from the poo show they created