FedEx Freight | Question about HAR->SBC routing

Kings disciple

Ecc. 12:13
Credits
What's the routing for HAR-> SBC or LSA? I've heard those sets are routed across the PA pike and then down into Cinncinnati. Then on down to MPS and out west? If this is so I have to wonder why? The fastest/shortest and cheapest route (no tolls) is down I-81 and then out I-40. I do know for a fact that HAR runs DAL and HOU across the top thru Cinncy, but just wondering how they get the south Cali stuff out there.
Anybody working in those lanes got any info?

When it is run by a team, it's routed I 70 , I 44, I 40, I 15. I would assume it is still routed the same, as there are several runs on the new bid from HSB to Cambridge, Oh., which runs through Indy. The runs through Cincy are relayed through Claysville, Pa. I know it's vague, but hopefully it answers your question.

No that's not vague at all rwdfinch51, thanks for the info. I still can't help but wonder why they send it that way. Seems like it would be more cost effective to run it down I-81 because of the high tolls on the PA pike. But hey I don't see the big picture I guess.

There is the proper routing and then there is the way it is forced across. Take EGV (Sacramento) to HSB. It should be routed across I-80 all the way through Schaumburg. Several times I have taken them to KCM on a run that is supposed haul EGV-CCN freight. I think they set the runs up for optimum savings and then run them any way they can get it there.

Ya Guardrail I'm sure your right. But the HAR to SBC being routed across 70 vs. down 81 still makes no sense to me. It's a little further across the top than it is down thru Viriginia plus the Pike tolls are real high. I just don't see how they think that's the cheapest way to go on a scheduled basis? I mean you start adding up how much it costs to pay tolls on all those trucks running both ways from HAR to the 70/76 split just south of Pittsburgh and that's some big bucks to save 0 miles.

I was told at one time, there were two young women, not that it matters if there women or men but that they were doing the routes. And went by the computer. And if they have never been out here then what do we expect. It does look like Fedex would buy some trucking software.But this has probably changed also.