XPO | Question about pto days

empire2360

TB Lurker
Credits
I have 12 years with the company and last year had 3 weeks vacation and 5 pto days. I know it is all pto now. What I was not aware of is that I was informed today by the fos that I now only have 15 days at my disposal instead of 20 as was the case in the past. I was told my 5 days of pto are gone and that my 3 weeks of vacation are now 15 days pto. SO ON TOP OF EVERY THING ELSE I HAVE LOST 5 DAYS! I am in the Southern region if that makes a difference. Is this true or false.

I have 12 years with the company and last year had 3 weeks vacation and 5 pto days. I know it is all pto now. What I was not aware of is that I was informed today by the fos that I now only have 15 days at my disposal instead of 20 as was the case in the past. I was told my 5 days of pto are gone and that my 3 weeks of vacation are now 15 days pto. SO ON TOP OF EVERY THING ELSE I HAVE LOST 5 DAYS! I am in the Southern region if that makes a difference. Is this true or false.

The start of this year was REALLY confusing...I think everbody will agree with that. Now, starting in April you will start to accrue (earn) your vacation/ PTO days for the rest of the year.
How much time did you carry over from last year?

I used all my available days last year.
Ok, well then you should've started this year off with only 5 days available to you. You should earn the next 15 days (according to your 12 years of service) starting in April.

How many hours of PTO do you show on the bottom of your check stub?

Here is the way I understand it having been over it many times with different suits.

You have the same amount of PTO that your YOS warrants. I'll use myself as an example with 6 YOS at Con-way - you can apply your YOS and it's the same thing.

6 years gives me 2 weeks of vacation and an additional 5 PTO days under the old system. Under the recent system that would give me 15 PTO days or 120 total hours at the beginning of the year.

Stay with me here - I still have 120 total hours for year 7 but it will not show up on my pay stub that way because we now accrue it throughout the year instead of getting it all at the beginning. This was the accounting trick that took the vacation liability off the books. I could still use all 15 days in February if I so choose and it did not put me more than ten days in the hole, but it would show a negative balance for PTO on my stub. I would never notice the difference unless I quit Con-way Freight during 2010.If I did, I would owe the company whatever money I received from the days I had not yet accrued.

I hope that makes sense to everyone - now I'm really gonna confuse you..

You actually have up to 10 more PTO days to use in 2010 with the way they worded it and per the new company policy - you can go up to 10 days or an 80 hour negative balance. Again, you would never know the difference unless you quit or retired. Using myself as an example again, my 6 YOS equals 15 total earned days throughout the year, but since we can go up to 10 days negative I could actually take 25 - but not all at once because I can never be more than negative 10 days... Got that.. It's confusing but unless you plan on using all of your vacation in January, you'll never notice the difference till you quit or retire.

I know I'm accurate here so if you have any questions I'll answer as best that I can.

3 weeks plus the 5 days equals 20 days - you still have that.. See my last post for a better explanation - unless something is different down south.

Thanks Jake, that makes sense now. My scm tried to explain the possible 10 extra days and I thought he did not know what he was talking about. My fos later said the scm definitely did not know what he was talking about and that we had actually lost 5 days. I was getting a little mad. I feel better now. Thanks.

What you have at the bottom of your paystub plus the 10 days they allow you to go into the hole is what I was going to eventually get to :)
Making your 15 days he was talking about..