FedEx Freight | Question about the new vacation/personal time policy

It translates into double time and a half. If you work on a holiday, you get the hours worked plus the same amount of time overtime, ex., work 6 hrs, get 6 hrs regular pay plus 6 hrs OT, easy....

It translates into double time and a half. If you work on a holiday, you get the hours worked plus the same amount of time overtime, ex., work 6 hrs, get 6 hrs regular pay plus 6 hrs OT, easy....

Thanx for that info..did not know about that. Is that all terminals and for city and road drivers and is it east or west that gets it or both?

However, I was reffering to the New Vacation rules and Personal time rules going into effect sometime soon..
I heard something like if you are sick and have a doc's note it is still unexcused because you did not give 7 days notice to to have the day off..Just was wondering how it was all going to work now..

Thanx

princess said:
I heard something like if you are sick and have a doc's note it is still unexcused because you did not give 7 days notice to to have the day off..Just was wondering how it was all going to work now..

It has been like that ,I have been written up for that in the past . Just taken care of our people ya know.

Many of us have been written up for calling in sick. We don't like it, but we won't quit because of it ....and they know that.

thats right dont sign nothing they write you up for. things must be getting bad when you get wrote up for not doing a post trip on your unit for a flat tire. yea got wrote up i parked the tractor at 4am at 800 when the city driver went to get in it the tire was flat i tried to explain when i fueled the truck i bumped the tires and it wont flat i told my ccm that i could have run over somthing going from the fuel pump to where we park are trucks he said it could not of happen liked that and he tried to get me to sign it and i told him i was not signing it so he filed it with out a signature........ what a joke.

Thanx for the replies. I guess nothing is changing, just a policy being enforced with no exceptions now, Suppose that is a good thing.:tongue1:

The way it was put to me was it is a brand new thing starting..Not that it affects me personal..my spouse has called in 2 x's to work in 10 yrs anyway..It is just that some drivers made such a big deal about it that I thought it was some brand new strict policy that was new and getting the drivers all worked up for a reason..
Obviously it is the same ole' policy that has been in place already..

USLoneStar said:
So.....if a road driver works a holiday...they would get.796 p/m and time a half for drop and hooks, right????:ontopic:

princess said:
Thanx for that info..did not know about that. Is that all terminals and for city and road drivers and is it east or west that gets it or both?

However, I was reffering to the New Vacation rules and Personal time rules going into effect sometime soon..

Thanx
The west does not get the "and a half" You get 8 hrs holiday pay whether you work or not, and what ever hours you actually worked on the holiday straight time. If you are a line driver with a layover run (99% of us are), if you take the holiday off, you get 8hrs holiday pay and a turn run the next day (which there never is one) for a net loss of $350 or more. Just love those holidays, they are such a benefit.