Holland | Question

White

Banned
Credits
Visitor, Linehaul Driver at Salsa. Just hired a part time dockworker. Holland retiree. Didn’t think that jived with y’all’s pension. Doesn’t much matter to me, curious.

You do what you do. And be happy. Never mind us washed out, washed up old wrinklys at the lunch counter.

The worst thing about work is to spend your free time kevitching about work.

Visitor, Linehaul Driver at Salsa. Just hired a part time dockworker. Holland retiree. Didn’t think that jived with y’all’s pension. Doesn’t much matter to me, curious.
I know some folks won't get it. Some of us old timers just like to work. Honey dos at the house get done eventually, playing golf a couple times a week. Some time you just have to work to stay out of trouble!

I believe if he is over 65 and been retired for over a year he can do about anything.
70 and over I think
The particular pension plan may have more lenient rules but in any case, it used to be at age 70-1/2 (now 72) that you could work any amount with no restrictions. That is because of IRS regulations requiring pension plan payments (as well as IRA, 401-K) to begin at those ages.

The particular pension plan may have more lenient rules but in any case, it used to be at age 70-1/2 (now 72) that you could work any amount with no restrictions. That is because of IRS regulations requiring pension plan payments (as well as IRA, 401-K) to begin at those ages.
Central States retire @ 65 don't work in restricted employment for 1 year after retirement and all restrictions are off If you start drawing social security when you reach your full retirement age there are restrictions on earnings

Central States retire @ 65 don't work in restricted employment for 1 year after retirement and all restrictions are off If you start drawing social security when you reach your full retirement age there are restrictions on earnings
Actually there are no "restrictions" on earnings after going on Social Security. If you earn over a certain threshold while collecting SS you do not lose anything. If for example you went over the earnings threshold in a certain year, you can just have SS suspended for the portion of the following year till the overage is nullified. You never lose any benefits, they are at most just suspended but you get them back down the line. I did this this a number of times when my earnings exceeded the thresholds.

Restrictions or threshholds either way If you start drawing social security on or after your full retirement age you have no limits on your earnings No threshholds or restrictions
Exactly correct, I should have been more clear in my comments that they apply to those who are collecting SS early, before full retirement age.

My local, you have people retire from Yellow/ Roadway, go back the next day work as a casual, any age, x number of hours a month