XPO | Question

If you transfer to another terminal you go to the bottom of the board ... if you have to move via a companies decision you get to dovetail your seniority

To the bottom ... if the transfer is your choice you go to the bottom.

Thats not exactly right. Old policy was you went to the bottom until Job Selection time, then you bid according to Service Rank. I BELIEVE that policy has changed, where now you fall right into your Service Rank position.

Thats not exactly right. Old policy was you went to the bottom until Job Selection time, then you bid according to Service Rank. I BELIEVE that policy has changed, where now you fall right into your Service Rank position.

Nope...

If you transfer and are not 'following the freight' you go to the bottom of the seniority board and stay there...your years of service mean nothing.

Service Rank in a transfer means nothing either.

You only 'move up' when another person is hired and they are the bottom.

Con-ways assinine reasoning in this matter is that everyone is wanting transfer to Florida or Arizona when they come close to retirement.

The real reason is they don't want to deal with the machinations of having to accomodate transfers where service rank prevails...

It doesn't benefit the company and hence the policy.

Rat

Nope...

If you transfer and are not 'following the freight' you go to the bottom of the seniority board and stay there...your years of service mean nothing.

Con-ways assinine reasoning in this matter is that everyone is wanting transfer to Florida or Arizona when they come close to retirement.

The real reason is they don't want to deal with the machinations of having to accomodate transfers where service rank prevails...

Rat

This has been policy since (APPROX) 1992.

Nope...

Rat

You're right I wasn't thinking. Not sure where my head was at.

This has been policy since (APPROX) 1992.

I love it...another up-to-date and current policy that reflects the times of things...Oh!...Wait!..There is no policy...at least not on paper...

My Bad...just forget the above...:biglaugh:

Thnx...

Rat