ODFL | Question

DirtyRice

TB Lurker
Credits
i did a roadtest and drugcreen at phl terminal and the tm called me 2 days later to ask me about the part of my work history where i put down i was self emplyed as a disc jocky, he said that they want a copy of my tax records. It was under the table so i didint have tax records, my questions is am i a reject or do i still have a chance?

tax records ? are you kidding me. i have never heard of such a thing. especially if your applying to be a driver. and they say this industry is starving for drivers. total b.s. if you ask me.

i work for New Penn. i guess OD's standards are higher, lol.

I don't know if you're out or not. I do know that I needed tax records to verify my 10 years of employment as I had self employment in there and employment by a business that went bust and had no way to verify it. I had to produce my tax records to prove my employment.
The industry needs drivers, but it's good to know they still adhere to certain standards.

Yea OD does an extensive background check. I needed to get a copy of an accident I had years ago. Your best bet is to be honest. Call the terminal manager and tell them you dont have any records and he tell you what direction to go. He'll tell you, because he doesnt want to waste his time either. Dont lie though. Ive seen guys get hired and fired to next day because they lied about something that wouldnt disqualify them anyway. But as soon as you lie and they find out your done.

kbigdog said:
Yea OD does an extensive background check. I needed to get a copy of an accident I had years ago. Your best bet is to be honest. Call the terminal manager and tell them you dont have any records and he tell you what direction to go. He'll tell you, because he doesnt want to waste his time either. Dont lie though. Ive seen guys get hired and fired to next day because they lied about something that wouldnt disqualify them anyway. But as soon as you lie and they find out your done.

i told him and i asked him would that be a problem and his words were "they asked for them" i dont kno what the hell that means!

I dont know, its up to the corporate office. They have invested alot of money in you so far. Id call again and say I dont have anything, and leave it up to him. Keep calling until he tells you yes or no.

This could actually be important sorry to say. OD does a very deep background check and will yet refuse drivers just for lack of info no matter how desperate they may need them for a terminal.

yeah well i cant wait tell tommorow and see what this guy says because i really liked the offer they gave me, they said mon-fri 8-5 and if i wanted to do line haul on weekends i could.

Good Luck, let us know. Some of the strict guidelines stink, but they are a good outfit.

Since 9-11 all carriers must verify 10 yrs employment per FMCR or something. I dont know who mandates it or when it started but that's the way it is.

For Sure

They just want to know who you are for sure and where you've been for sure.We don't want the next 9-11 on 18 wheels.

yeah i talked to dude, he said im still in the runnin and he will call me when hears back. I went and emailed the headquarters and they said for schools i been to they want transcripts and for jobs like self emplyed they want tax records for proof. i mean damn i got my haz-mat what the hell else do they want, im even signed up to the selective service. the damn government gotta get there records straight, how the hell do they not no who is a terrorist and whos not just gimmie my damn job.

I know your anxious, but it took me about a month until the Terminal Manager got the O.K., and I have no gaps in employment. Like I said I had to hunt down an accident report that was many many years ago.

kbigdog said:
I know your anxious, but it took me about a month until the Terminal Manager got the O.K., and I have no gaps in employment. Like I said I had to hunt down an accident report that was many many years ago.

a damn month ok well i will just keep on movin then.

only waited a month

I currentlywork at watkins motor lines it took 5 weeks to get in. I filled out an app at OD 2 weeks ago and I turned in my notice today, I start on june 6th

It Has nothing to do with the rumor right.From what i read on the watkins board they are losing customers because of the rumor and no one in their corporate is diputing the rumor.It even made it to transport topics online.welcome to the OD and truckingboards families Crazytrucker