FedEx Freight | Questions about starting with FedEx Freight

TiredDvrsWife

TB Veteran
Credits
I'm just curious about what to expect when hiring on at FedEx freight. I've checked out some threads but didn't find out all I wanted to know.

Starting pay for linehaul in the south is?
How many years to get full retirement? Conway has a rule of your age plus years to equal a certain number before full pension.
Is insurance available for entire family at time of full time hire?
How long until top pay?

Thanks guys :thumbsup: ahead of time.

[quote author=TiredDvrsWife link=topic=81715.msg843540#msg843540 date=1278230471]
I'm just curious about what to expect when hiring on at FedEx freight. I've checked out some threads but didn't find out all I wanted to know.

Starting pay for linehaul in the south is?
How many years to get full retirement? Conway has a rule of your age plus years to equal a certain number before full pension.
Is insurance available for entire family at time of full time hire?
How long until top pay?

Thanks guys :thumbsup: ahead of time.
[/quote just started work with them south pay i dont know full penison dont know health insurance in 31 days off hire i pay family 4 is 16 a week

There is no defined benefit pension program. You get some $ put into a cash account on a quarterly basis based on your age and years of service.
Top amount is 6%. Do the math, it really doesn't amount to much money and is paid as a lump sum on retirement. For instance $60,000 X .06 would be $3600 per year put in times years with the company. It compounds quarterly at a low rate.

I don't know for sure but I think pension is fully vested after 5 years. It is a good company to work for over all contrary to what some of the drivers on here will tell you. :buttkisser: You get decent equipment and weekends and holidays off. I do have my doubts about selection of supervisors and decisions some dispatchers will make ( :chairshot:) but all in all it is a good place to work. The pay in the south is slightly over 22 an hour and slightly over .55 a mile a little more if you live in the DFW area. :hissy: You will hit senior pay rate after three years. Vacation pay is at the hourly rate for city drivers and a rolling average for road drivers. I believe insurance for the family is after a full calendar month worked 1st to 31st not 100% sure. It is good insurance and you get alot of options. I like it and I'm sure you will too. Good luck. :shift:

Thanks a million guys for taking time to anwer :thumbsup: I was wondering because hubby is closer to retirement at his job but we won't be able to retire with full pension now that Conway has halted putting money into the pension and pared down the 401K match.

[quote author=TiredDvrsWife link=topic=81715.msg843738#msg843738 date=1278291067]
Thanks a million guys for taking time to anwer :thumbsup: I was wondering because hubby is closer to retirement at his job but we won't be able to retire with full pension now that Conway has halted putting money into the pension and pared down the 401K match.
[/quote]Yeah, but if he's driving a new truck, then he has XM Radio. Who needs retirement?? :biglaugh:

[quote author=TiredDvrsWife link=topic=81715.msg843738#msg843738 date=1278291067]
[/quote]

Yeah, he has a new truck that he has to shut down at least once a night! Continuing with Conway after he qualifies for retirement might make him (or me) do this: :hissy:

Too bad we don't live in a bigger town where he would have more choices later.

[quote author=TiredDvrsWife link=topic=81715.msg844584#msg844584 date=1278558994]
Rat, I don't see your comment?
[/quote]He opt-ed out lol :biglaugh: