AAA Cooper | Questions about working for AAA

Chrispy

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm in the process of getting hired to drive team with my girlfriend. We are in MN and will be driving part time in the hopes of becoming full time after a couple of months or ASAP. Right now we are just waiting to get our physical done. Then we will be on board. We've driven 53 footers, have our HazMat and Doubles / triples but have no experience driving HazMat or Double / Triples. We haven't even connected to doubles / triples or hauled a HazMat load. What I was wondering is; whats the orientation like if any, what about training. The TM did not mention anything about training and I forgot to ask. Also is aaa a good company to work for. They pay good CPM but do they have plenty of miles. Thanks.

Hi Chrispy.The training you asked about will be a crash course for the double's.99% of the time you won't have to hook or break them but there could be a time at some point so learn all you can about them.The HazMat is something you need to follow closely.AAA goes by the book on this but if you have question's ASK a supervisor.Better safe than sorry there.Overall it's a good company here.Just do what is expected of you and you should enjoy it.In the end though it's still trucking so keep your eyes and ears open.The miles depend on how heavy freight is.Right now it's a little light but it will pick up again.If you and your partner get to full time then you will run a lot.Good luck!