Yellow | Questions and Answers about Your Pension

Thanks for relaying the information to Truckingboards, but at this point why worry. YRC will find a way not to resume our contributions this January anyways.

What is the exact date that this is supposed to be resolved in January? I ask because, as most already know, those of us that opted for the LOA because of the 'lack o' pension' have until Dec. 31st to go back, and THEY have until Jan.? to tell us....who negotiated THAT? Or am I just stupid?

Have a little hope. If the Bob Casey orphan pension bill passes this fall the liabilities for YRC and ABF etc. fall dramatically. If not the situation could get drastic diagrammatically. :popcorn:

I don't have any HOPE JC, but I sure got a schmit load a CHANGE.....Where do I buy the HOPE from?

Forget about it obama screwed it all up! they woun't take it up until session and the republicans will be in control! Might not be a bad thing at least economy will come back! More jobs Profit and hopefully PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS!

Last edited by a moderator:
As it stands right now Jan 1. They must resume contributions. We will have to have another vote to alter that. I'm sure Jimmy and Tyson will hold the companies feet to the fire on this. :popcorn:

As it stands right now Jan 1. They must resume contributions. We will have to have another vote to alter that. I'm sure Jimmy and Tyson will hold the companies feet to the fire on this. :popcorn:

Well, golly gee willickers. if all of us LOA's (given the right because of the lack o pension x 15% whack) have to be back by Dec.31st....(again she asks)...why would the date be Jan. 1st ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The obligation of the Employers to contribute to the Funds shall resume effective January 1, 2011 or earlier if the Employers satisfy certain financial benchmarks
established by the Subcommittee (defined in Section 13). The resumption of the
Employers’ obligation to contribute to the Funds shall be at rates, terms and conditions
approved by the Funds.

Leave of Absence. During the Non-Permanent Pension Contribution
Termination Period, bargaining unit employees who are participating in this Revised Plan
will be permitted to take a leave of absence without pay.

Taken from this link : http://www.teamster.org/sites/teams.../files/07 14 09 YRCW MOU FINALforBlueline.pdf

Now I just found this also that say the 31 of Dec for LOA

During the period between July 1, 2009 and December 31, 2010 of the Non-Permanent Pension Contribution Termination, bargaining unit employees are permitted to take a leave of absence, up to and not to exceed 18 months, without pay to work for another employer which participates in a Teamster Pension Fund. The purpose of the leave is to give employees an opportunity to work for an employer which contributes to a Teamster Pension Fund during the 18 month period in which the YRCW companies are not making contributions and the employees are not receiving accruals of benefits. During the leave of absence, the YRCW companies are not obligated to make any contributions on behalf of the employees on leave.

Taken from this link : http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamsters.prometheuslabor.com/files/07 17 09 YRCW Job Security.pdf

To add to that, the language was changed to allow for a LOA to work for any company but a competing non union ltl carrier. I expect to see something in the fall. YRC knows they have to hammer something out to keep their customer base from getting nervous. The last thing they need is more customers jumping ship. I expect to see a new agreement to be voted on and if it extends their time for no payment I certainly hope it will extend the language for a LOA. If anyone thinks they're going to agree to pay 100% into the funds i'd say don't hold your breath. It'll turn into an "agree to these cuts or we'll be forced to shut down" situation all over again.

To add to that, the language was changed to allow for a LOA to work for any company but a competing non union ltl carrier.

Is there language on the defintion of a "competing non-union ltl carrier"? Does that encompus ALL LTL carriers or only the large; i.e. Estes, Conway, bla, bla, bla? I'm looking at a 10 truck local hauling company. Would this put me at odds with my LOA agreement (which I've yet to see)????

Is there language on the defintion of a "competing non-union ltl carrier"? Does that encompus ALL LTL carriers or only the large; i.e. Estes, Conway, bla, bla, bla? I'm looking at a 10 truck local hauling company. Would this put me at odds with my LOA agreement (which I've yet to see)????

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamsters.prometheuslabor.com/files/07 17 09 YRCW Job Security.pdf

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teams.../files/07 14 09 YRCW MOU FINALforBlueline.pdf

Thanks for those links Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr, the first link was easy, the second link made my ears bleed....after I mop up the blood shed, I'll start reading where I left off.....see ya next week.............................................>