ABF | Questions ?

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Are they a lot of layoffs in winter. Is the Knoxville area a good terminal with work. Can i really make this a career till i can retire. Applied for line haul if hired what can i expect as a new driver to this company?

Are they a lot of layoffs in winter. Is the Knoxville area a good terminal with work. Can i really make this a career till i can retire. Applied for line haul if hired what can i expect as a new driver to this company?
Ive been curious about the Knoxville terminal also. Under normal circumstances they are never hiring and when they are its usually part time casual. Not a big presence in the city but i see a lot of linehaul coming and going.

What is the current pay scale at ABF for dock workers, p&d, and linehaul? I have a friend that is looking to possibly join you guys. He wants to possibly just be a dock worker and quit driving. Kind of a semi retirement lol.

What is the current pay scale at ABF for dock workers, p&d, and linehaul? I have a friend that is looking to possibly join you guys. He wants to possibly just be a dock worker and quit driving. Kind of a semi retirement
I spoke with someone at the terminal and i was told you start at 27 and change for p&d