SAIA | Quick Question

Credits
hello folks!

Wanted to know if I could get clarification please?

This was stated in another area on TB:

Saia has fully paid healthcare after 10 years.”

Is the above statement accurate?

Thanks in advance.

hello folks!

Wanted to know if I could get clarification please?

This was stated in another area on TB:

Saia has fully paid healthcare after 10 years.”

Is the above statement accurate?

Thanks in advance.
It’s absolutely correct. I’m retired from SAIA and can certify it’s a correct and accurate statement. Retired in 2018.

Yes but just the medical part - but included is the dental or vision if I remember correctly and you are required to complete the bio-metric/physical thing to be eligible as well

Family is included unless your spouse works and has insurance available from their employer. If it’s available, whether they buy it or not, Saia will not cover them. Kids are covered till they are 26.

Yes but just the medical part - but included is the dental or vision if I remember correctly and you are required to complete the bio-metric/physical thing to be eligible as well
I think it is vision included and dental is optional. The bio metric thing is optional as well. if you complete the bio metric exam, then you get regular insurance rates. If you don't complete the Bio metric exam, then you have to pay an insurance premium, which this year, is $135 per month for the family.

I think it is vision included and dental is optional. The bio metric thing is optional as well. if you complete the bio metric exam, then you get regular insurance rates. If you don't complete the Bio metric exam, then you have to pay an insurance premium, which this year, is $135 per month for the family.
But isn’t it still $12 per week for single and $37 for family if you complete the bio-metrics? Of course you’re free with your 20+ years of service but for the less fortunate the premiums have remained the same. Correct?

It’s absolutely correct. I’m retired from SAIA and can certify it’s a correct and accurate statement. Retired in 2018.
Does the employee still have to pay deductible, and out of pocket after 10 years though? Just asking, but what are those yearly figures? Thx

Does the employee still have to pay deductible, and out of pocket after 10 years though? Just asking, but what are those yearly figures? Thx
Yes. You do have to pay deductibles. I posted chart on coverages and cost on the FedEx vs Saia thread on page 5 in the FedEx forum. As you can see the max out of pocket is 3K which is really good. Check out that chart.

No, they just took a dollar off my hourly wage for each stop sign I ran. That’s why I retired so early because I was having to pay SAIA just to work for them. I was going broke fast.
Train didn't get a trophy truck, just a trophy sign.

miOwFFs.png