Quiz for the old-timers PIC

TNT Thomas nationwide Tranportation bought out pilot and they acquired schusters express a northeast carrier who acquired inland express of New York .
And Schuster bought Central New York Freightways in the early 1970's I believe before they were in turn bought by Pilot.
(A long time ago I worked casual at both Pilot and Schuster individually and also after they combined)

And Schuster bought Central New York Freightways in the early 1970's I believe before they were in turn bought by Pilot.
(A long time ago I worked casual at both Pilot and Schuster individually and also after they combined)
I enjoyed working as a casual but Mrs. Hook hated it. Worked 4 years out of the hall for everybody. Made full rate per hour & some companies treated you better than their own. We could always say no thanks to their work.

SCHUSTERS USED TO HAUL ALOT OF POLARIOD OUT OF BOSTON
(for you youngsters,, that produced an instant pcture)
CASUAL DRIVER SHOWED UP, SAID HE WAS SENT FR0M THE HALL
AT LOCAL 25.
THEY GAVE HIM THE PICKUP AND LOAD WAS NEVER SEEN AGAIN.
WORST WAS THIS HAPPENED TWICE !!!

I WORKED FOR COMPETITOR BRANCH, WE WERE THE WORCESTER LOCAL 170
AND USED SPARES BUT DID OUR DUE DILIGENCE FIRST.
SCHUSTERS SOLD YEAR LATER AND STARTED UP SUPER IN FLORIDA

AT LOCAL 25.

When I was a feeder driver for UPS in early 1970's we made volume pickups at a Polaroid warehouse in Jersey. Company had an off duty cop with a shotgun ride "shotgun" with me when pulling one of those loads. Bouncing down the road in a cab over F model Mack, I asked him to always hold it in his lap with the butt end toward me just in case. :smile new:

AT LOCAL 25.

Tully Schuster and his brothers started Super Transport in Florida at right about there after the sale .That’s a fact

I remember the Polaroids.

Nice camera, fun little waiting for photo to come out. The real bitching started when the Parents realized the true expense of those Flash Bars. A bar gave 8 flashes before needing a new bar. Always buying boxes of bars. Until one day the lightbulb came on...

HEY YOU KIDS STOP SHOOTING THOSE DAMN BARS?! RIGHT NOW.

And before that, Pilot bought Schuster which long before bought Central New York Freightways I believe.
and before that that Schuster bought Inland Express .Schuster purchased Roots Express terminal 1/4 mile down the road from Inland. (Roots shutdown) I worked casual at Roots, good company. they hand you bills and go peddle,no paper work just beging milage and end. They had nice equipment,all power sterring. I was never exhausted working there!