R.i.p jimmy walsh

JohnnyRotten

TB Lurker
Credits
Jimmy was a driver for usf Redstar for around 20 years, he worked in the city AS a P&D driver then later went on the road. When Redstar closed he got on with ABF in avenel,nj. How ironic this is as he was just recovering from back surgery he received in a hit and run motorcycle accident.

Jimmy was a great Man, Father, Teamster and Friend. You will be missed by many.

May GOD rest your soul.

Goodbye Friend.
My heartfelt condolences to his three daughters and Michelle.

Grieving daughter says father's last act of devotion saved her in South Orange hit-run

by Sharon Adarlo/Star-Ledger Tuesday February 10, 2009, 8:42 PM

small_walsh.JPG
James Walsh

Erin Walsh said her father always had her best interests in mind, right to the very end, when he was fatally struck by a hit-and-run driver but she was spared.
"We were his life," the 18-year-old Walsh, a Seton Hall University student, said of her father James Walsh's devotion to his three daughters.
James Walsh, 49, of South Plainfield had taken his daughter out to dinner Monday night and was walking across South Orange Avenue at 8:15 p.m. when a Honda Civic hit him near Vose Avenue and kept going, according to authorities. Walsh was walking behind her father and saw the accident unfold before her.Last night proved it because he walked ahead of me," she said yesterday in a Facebook message. "Otherwise, I would have been hit. I think he somehow knew he was saving my life."
The car dragged James Walsh about 50 feet before leaving him in front of the Gaslight Brewery, said Dan Soboti, manager of the restaurant, which is a few blocks from the South Orange campus of Seton Hall.
"The poor girl, it happened right in front of her," Soboti said. "I saw somebody consoling her while the paramedics were treating her father in the street. She was in bad shape."
James Walsh was taken to University Hospital, where he died a short time later from massive injuries, Essex County Prosecutor Paula Dow said. She said the driver, Frank Bradley, 29, was taken into custody about 45 minutes after the accident when authorities found his damaged 1995 Honda Civic in front of his Columbia Avenue home in Newark.
The incident remains under investigation.
"What's sad about this is that the pedestrians were doing everything right. But the person was speeding," said Dow, who declined to say how fast Bradley allegedly was driving at the time of the incident.
Minutes before he struck James Walsh, Orange police were pursuing Bradley for running a red light, Dow said. She said they quit the chase at Scotland Road as Bradley entered South Orange.
As James Walsh walked across South Orange Avenue, Bradley's car hit him and did not stop, Dow said. A police officer standing nearby wrote down the license plate, she said, leading authorities to Bradley's car, which had extensive front-end damage.
Officers detained Bradley for questioning, said Paul Loriquet, spokesman for Essex County Prosecutor's Office. He was arrested today on charges of aggravated manslaughter, vehicular homicide, eluding police, leaving the scene of an accident resulting in serious bodily injury or death, causing a death while driving on the suspended or revoked list and failure to render aid, Loriquet said. He is being held at the Essex County Jail in lieu of $150,000 bail.
Loriquet said Bradley likely will be arraigned later this week. Efforts to immediately his relatives today were unsuccessful.
James Walsh's fiancee, Michelle Black, was grieving with her family at their home in South Plainfield.
"Jim was heaven-sent," Black said in a telephone interview. "He cared for so many people. He gave more than he ever got in return. Everything he did was about his children and helping everyone."
James Walsh was a truck driver until he was seriously injured in another hit-and-run accident about a year ago, Black said. In that crash, he was riding his motorcycle when he was hit and his back was broken.
He was recovering nicely from surgery he had last year, Black said, adding the couple planned to marry during the July Fourth holiday this year.
"We are going to miss him with all our hearts," Black said. "He took care of my family and his family."
In addition to his daughter Erin, James Walsh leaves behind two other daughters, Bridget and Maura, Black said.
Seton Hall spokeswoman Jill Matthews said in a statement the university is offering assistance to Walsh and her dorm mates.
"The prayers and condolences of the entire Seton Hall community go out to the Walsh family and to Erin's friends and fellow students who are supporting her in this hour of grief and terrible sadness," said Monsignor Robert Sheeran, the university's president.

This is such a sad story to read, the Good Lord was looking out for her through her Dad. I am sorry for the loss of your friend Sir. God Bless and keep you.

We worked together over 30 years ago at a small outfit. Your humor on and off the job was the best. I went to Red Star and you went to Pilot. Somehow we both ended up on the same job again. You will be missed by all who's lives you touched. Rest in Peace Jimmy

Out of all of us Red Star drivers that came over here to ABF in Avenel, Jimmy was by far the most popular. I can honestly say that he was well liked & highly respected by everyone. Including those who resented our strong work ethics