R&L | R&L Carriers renews sponsorship with New Orleans Bowl

Kinda ironice that we can sponsor a Bowl Game but cant give raises and take personal days isnt it? Make you kinda wonder what they are thinking/

Our 401-k match only cost us $1500.00.

Our personal days just $704.10...

Insurance from $20.00, to $42.50=$1170.00

Grand total (so far), $3375.00

Hey now, we can all sacrifice for Zimmerman and the YRC crew, after all, they all need they need our money more than we do, kinda like the governmemnt....

I bet all the employee's at Holland were thrilled when he left there...

I know about TEN THOUSAND EMPLOYEE's that will be thrilled when he leaves R&L...

Our 401-k match only cost us $1500.00.

Our personal days just $704.10...

Insurance from $20.00, to $42.50=$1170.00

Grand total (so far), $3375.00

Hey now, we can all sacrifice for Zimmerman and the YRC crew, after all, they all need they need our money more than we do, kinda like the governmemnt....

I bet all the employee's at Holland were thrilled when he left there...

I know about TEN THOUSAND EMPLOYEE's that will be thrilled when he leaves R&L...

I know that $3,375 doesnt sound like much to each person but when you multiply that by those 10,000 employees it works out to around $33,750,000 thats a lot of scratch. Now add to that the holiday pay we get each year at somewhere around $2 to $2.5 million a day if we averaged the pay rate for all emplyees at $20 an hour. That adds another $10-15 million a year. Now dont get me wrong. I dont like what goes on here anymore than the next guy, but I do understand what they are doing. A company exists for one reason only. To make a profit. That being said, I should also point out that R+L being a privately owned company is not required to make it's earnings public. So they could BS us from now until doomsday as to how well the company is doing financially and we'd be none-the-wiser.

i doubt if cost too much for the bowl game..its not a bcs game and its not teams in the top 25...it does however give r+l national coverage on tv. i would imagine the mindset is we can not hide in the closet with things are tight..we still need to keep our name out in the general shipping public. nobody likes to lose personal days and 401k..but we still need to compete witht he fedex's, ups, and the conways of the world, right?

i doubt if cost too much for the bowl game..its not a bcs game and its not teams in the top 25...it does however give r+l national coverage on tv. i would imagine the mindset is we can not hide in the closet with things are tight..we still need to keep our name out in the general shipping public. nobody likes to lose personal days and 401k..but we still need to compete witht he fedex's, ups, and the conways of the world, right?

Yes Mr. Zimmerman!!! (I mean Buford)