R&L | R&L Drivers Leaving for Walmart Transportation!!!

Vent away my friends, I would just like to have someone once and a while say somthing decent about the company that feeds us. As bad as it may seem to some, some of us have a good gig. Believe it or not that some people look at these blogs when deciding to work for a company and I would hate to think that opportunity for us gaining good hands is being wasted on so much negitive talk. Our company will only stay sucessfull if we add quality people to the already awsome group we have assembled so far. I am just a low end guy who appreciates his coworkers and respects his leaders reguardless of their opinions just as I am glad you repect my opinion even when you don't agree with it. My challange to everyone that follows this page is to list at least one thing you are greatful for or like about the company. For everyone that responds I will be glad to have a little rant abouth the things I hate but have not shared. Lets have fun with it.

Scully, JAX

I do like the safety bonus program as well as the Christmas raffles they do each year.

I second the saftey bonus and raffles. The ring they give you after 25,000hrs / 1,000,000 miles is pretty nice too..

I do like the safety bonus program as well as the Christmas raffles they do each year.

I agree but it would be nice if the raffle didn't seem so un random. It always seems to be the newest folks winning at our place and some people win the 500. multiple times. And one new guy hit the 200 and the Christmas wish list this year. I got butkiss. LOL

I agree about the seemingless un random part about the raffle. Shadowr is correct, it seems like newer employees tend to win more often than not. Now that might be random but strange none the less. I won once in 2006 shortly after starting but have seen nothing since. If they continue to do raffles I think they should break them up by Regions or even service centers based on the proportionate number of employees. Have the TM hold the Raffle on site for the whole world to see. Safety Bonus is a good program anytime a company has one, some operators actually think about it daily before they get behind the wheel. It never seems like it is quite enough though.

I agree about the seemingless un random part about the raffle. Shadowr is correct, it seems like newer employees tend to win more often than not. Now that might be random but strange none the less. I won once in 2006 shortly after starting but have seen nothing since. If they continue to do raffles I think they should break them up by Regions or even service centers based on the proportionate number of employees. Have the TM hold the Raffle on site for the whole world to see. Safety Bonus is a good program anytime a company has one, some operators actually think about it daily before they get behind the wheel. It never seems like it is quite enough though.

I think about my safety bonus every day, and as far as the raffles go, I have always thought it was very fishy on how people won. It is usually a guy that the TM is trying to butter up or one that he screwed over and is trying to make nice. I just think it is funny how it works....... :nono_h4h:

Never heard of the ring.... tell me more

After 1,000,000 accident free miles for line-haul drivers or 25,000 hrs safe vehicle operation for city drivers, you get presented with a 10k gold ring with a green stone on top. Around the stone is either the miles or the hrs.

After 1,000,000 accident free miles for line-haul drivers or 25,000 hrs safe vehicle operation for city drivers, you get presented with a 10k gold ring with a green stone on top. Around the stone is either the miles or the hrs.

I can only imagine calling up someone in OH and asking how many miles you have driven for R+L. Anyone know, is there a way to find out?

I second the saftey bonus and raffles. The ring they give you after 25,000hrs / 1,000,000 miles is pretty nice too..
I think the safety bonus's are a good thing ,,,,But not everyone is eligible and those people should receive a safety bonus also of some sort. i.e. hours worked with no injures , trucks and trailers passing DOT inspections , not causing damage to freight or equipment on the dock etc.

what kind of money are the r + l drivers making that went to walmart. i have my application in with walmart and i am try to find out what the new drivers are making ?

what kind of money are the r + l drivers making that went to walmart. i have my application in with walmart and i am try to find out what the new drivers are making ?

I've heard guys at the terminal talk about the driver that went to walmart making something like 1700 a week before taxes last month.. must be nice

There are not alot of good driving jobs out there, this is a fact...:(

This allows R&L, and other LTL carriers, to treat their drivers with contempt, that they are not valuable to the company, and are more of a liability than anything else.

Good safe drivers with 10-15, or 20 years or more, are treated as dispoasable, and treated as though they are a liability to the company, because they are topped out on pay, vacation, and benefits...R&L does NOT value your years of safe driving experience.

R&L wants to get rid of the guys topped out, and replace them with Paramount drivers, making half the pay, with half the benefits...Thats the direction R&L is going in...Not a bright future, if R&L stays in business in the future, when there are more Paramount drivers than R&L drivers, what do you think will happen then? R&L drivers pay will be lowered to Paramount drivers pay.

I worked for R&L for 18 years, without any tickets or accidents....It was a great place to work for years, until Senior stepped away from running the company, and turned it over to outsiders.

Walmart Transportation is hiring Professional drivers, and will VALUE you years of safe driving experience...:icon_dance:They look at drivers with years of safe driving experience as an asset, and want to hire these SAFE drivers...

Myself, and two others from my terminal have recently left R&L to join the Walmart Private Fleet.I have been told by those in management, that Walmart has hired many R&L drivers system wide... I am now getting calls daily from 5-6 of my friends who are still at R&L at the terminal I worked at, who are wanting to join Walmart Transportation...

If you are tired of the direction of R&L, and want a REAL job, driving Excellent equipment, making Excellent money, and working for a company, that will treat you like a true PROFESSIONAL, you may want to consider applying with Walmart..

Congrats and good luck to you guys!