R&L | R&L Newbie

bco1607

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello,

A few questions and some advice seeking. A local barn has openings for both P&D and Linehaul. Not sure I understand the pay equation for Linehaul drivers at R&L so just asking vets here.

I've done so e reading at another "trucker" forum and it seems to be that P&D brings in better pay than Linehaul at R&L or is that a misconception?

I know this will probably be split down the middle, bit suggestions on which position I should consider?

I have kids at home and prefer whichever gives me the most time. I get that it won't be a ton of time M-F, just trying to be optimistic and all.

How does night time line haul work? I worked at Conway for a while back in 2010. I hated the dick work. Do I just set around waiting to be loaded at R&L? Local TM says Linehaul guys average around $225-250/night, seem accurate?

Whether line haul pays well or not depends on the run. We have night drivers that run from our terminal down to Jersey and the pay isnt very good but I believe they work the dock too. Now, a day time line haul that goes a good distance can be profitable but most of those runs are taken by senior drivers who are not likely to come off of them. City is very much a solid regular work day but newer drivers will be floating for a long time so getting a regular route may take a while.