XPO | radar detectors

aat0205

TB Lurker
Credits
It is illegal to carry a radar detector on you commercial vehicle but Did conway has a policy to fire a driver for having one while operating a comercial vehicle and when do this policy took effect? did anybody knows anyone in the company that got fire without any warning and did he got his job back or just a l.o.i for this matter?It looks like they are trying to fire everybody lately to increase profit and save on benefits

you know what dumb--- he is from so america so get off his english and deal with the point grow up that is why this company goes the way it does drivers wanting to slam drivers his point was we had a driver get fired for carrying a radar detector and we are trying to figure out if anyone else has been thru it or seen it happen and what happened

Welcome management! Please let us know what dept. you are from. It is always a pleasure to know you are listening!

I would think federal law trumps company policy. Federal law says you may not posses or operate a radar detector in a commercial vehicle and no carrier shall permit or require a driver to violate that law. That's been the law since 1994

However, I don't know if progressive discipline (loi, suspension, termination) or immediate termination would result from violating this rule.

Was at an FAC (which shall be nameless here for obvious reasons).....this would be about 4 yrs ago.......while we were on the dock, doing the FAC boogy, two maintenence supervisors, who were visiting the facility doing a main audit, searched every power unit on the facility. They found, a brand new, never used or even opened (the original box was still sealed) radar detector in one of the driver's backpack (which was zipped up, on the pax side of the unit). They called him off the dock into the office, suspended him on the spot and slipseated him back to his terminal, whereupon he was terminated. After several weeks of appeals and various legal maneuvers, he was put back to work, he is still here to this day, as far as I know.:smilies-19296:

I think the name primadona fits you well. You seem to use the "huh? what?" a little too much. You know, like a primadona, who's a little better would do.
Get over yourself! I was making a point to the poster that he put up three inane posts in a row that basically said..."JOIN A UNION!!!" It was obvious to most, including him. I was trying to be subtle and sarcastic, sorry you missed it.

you know what dumb--- he is from so america so get off his english and deal with the point grow up that is why this company goes the way it does drivers wanting to slam drivers his point was we had a driver get fired for carrying a radar detector and we are trying to figure out if anyone else has been thru it or seen it happen and what happened
Look at all three of his posts in a short time, then get back to me.

Not all drivers who have recieved a citation for having a radar detector have been terminated.

I guess every terminal has their own rules.

Was at an FAC (which shall be nameless here for obvious reasons).....this would be about 4 yrs ago.......while we were on the dock, doing the FAC boogy, two maintenence supervisors, who were visiting the facility doing a main audit, searched every power unit on the facility. They found, a brand new, never used or even opened (the original box was still sealed) radar detector in one of the driver's backpack (which was zipped up, on the pax side of the unit). They called him off the dock into the office, suspended him on the spot and slipseated him back to his terminal, whereupon he was terminated. After several weeks of appeals and various legal maneuvers, he was put back to work, he is still here to this day, as far as I know.:smilies-19296:
I would hope that driver read them the riot act! If I ever catch someone going through my personal belongings they better have a friggin warrant.:Flame-On: Sorry i'll shut up now.

I would hope that driver read them the riot act! If I ever catch someone going through my personal belongings they better have a friggin warrant.:Flame-On: Sorry i'll shut up now.
Like it or not, it's THEIR truck, their rules. Every terminal I've seen has a sign posted when you walk through the gate that says they are able to search whatever they want. It would be nice to have the privacy, but it's not realistic. I don't understand why anyone takes chances with linears or radar detectors, is it worth your job to be able to talk 10 miles away or to know where the cops are when you can only go 62mph anyway.

Not all drivers who have recieved a citation for having a radar detector have been terminated.

I guess every terminal has their own rules.

I've seen progressive discipline used for someone having a radar detector mounted in their truck.
I'm sure the employee that was terminated had a paper trail on him. (numerous amounts of over speed violations from the rapid log etc.)
The radar detector was just the icing on the cake.

I never understood why someone would have one with them while at work? It just advertises you are going to be speeding.

It is illegal to carry a radar detector on you commercial vehicle but Did conway has a policy to fire a driver for having one while operating a comercial vehicle and when do this policy took effect? did anybody knows anyone in the company that got fire without any warning and did he got his job back or just a l.o.i for this matter?It looks like they are trying to fire everybody lately to increase profit and save on benefits
how stuupid!!!!!has one person got to be to run a birddowg on the dash of a freight truck?????:1036316054:

Reminds me of a joke I heard one time.

Couple was on vacation at cabin on a lake. Wife decides to go out in husband's boat, take a book and drift while reading.

Game warden comes up, sees fishing equipment and asks to see the wife's fishing license. Of course she has none, said the equipment was her husband's and she was just reading, drifting around on a pleasant day.

GW said he was going to write her a ticket and she asked what for?? She wasn't doing anything! His reply was 'no, but you have the equipment to do so'.

Wife then said I'm bringing charges of **** against YoU! GW says why?? I wasn't doing anything!

Wife replies...NO, BUT YOU HAVE THE EQUIPMENT TO DO SO.

No applause guys, just glad to have made your day. ha ha
:biglaugh:

Ok, the guy had a radar in a box, unopened and it's not legal to have it. The most they should have done is either LOI for having it on the company grounds and had the driver to call someone to come get it or sent him home without pay for the night along with LOI, having the RD should be someone all drivers know about. IF he had been caught using it in the company truck, then I could understand it if he were terminated for going against federal law.