XPO | Radiant Heat

conwayfool

TB Lurker
Credits
Why cant Conway use radiant heat or heat lamps to warm the dock up for us valued employees.Atleast when the temp goes below 32 deg...If us Drs were warmer wouldnt we be more productive and not call in sick as much... Just a thought.:USA:

bestbetter said:
Why cant Conway use radiant heat or heat lamps to warm the dock up for us valued employees.Atleast when the temp goes below 32 deg...If us Drs were warmer wouldnt we be more productive and not call in sick as much... Just a thought.:USA:
Dress accordingly to weather conditions???? Just a thought...

bestbetter said:
it will take money from your icp money.

Move to Connecticut ... the law provides facilitys such as loading docks must be heated when the temp drops below a certain point.
Besides, your TM and the office staff are quite warm in the winter, so I wouldn't hold out any hope of getting heat on the docks anytime soon.
I hate winter !! Sure glad the heater in my truck works good !!

bestbetter said:

Not any of my business here but you are dreaming man

bestbetter said:
My god we our getting soft.

It was 18 degrees on graveyard this morning, but I had extra clothes on, I just need some more of those hand warmers, that's really the hardest part, cold hands and toes (I wear steel toe shoes). I just go inside the lounge when it's unbearable, and buy a cup of coffee, warm up for a couple of minutes and get back out to work. The wind also makes it hard, but thankfully, last shift there was no wind! :)

bestbetter said:

GEEZE NEXT YOU'LL BE CRYING ITS TOO HOT.:17: LOL Hi DAVE.

Red Star added gas radiators in thecieling when they put a big addition on the billerica terminal about 10 years ago... after the closure, the first thing Estes ripped out.. you guessed it.. no more dock heaters.. way to treat your people, estes....

flstc2000 said:
Move to Connecticut ... the law provides facilitys such as loading docks must be heated when the temp drops below a certain point.
Besides, your TM and the office staff are quite warm in the winter, so I wouldn't hold out any hope of getting heat on the docks anytime soon.
It may be the law but the heaters are never on at may CT dock.

flstc2000 said:
It may be the law but the heaters are never on at may CT dock.

My first job was at CF, casual on the dock, terminal is right on the east side of the Niagara river, prevailing wind blowing right off the river, covered with ice in the winter, had to dress like Nanook, to try and stay warm, nobody undressed at break and lunch time cuz they didn't want to warm up and go back on the freezing dock. Never understood the theory of no heat, but I knew right then, this was not what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Got my CDL (class 1 chauffeur at the time) and got in a Big Truck with a bad heater, the rest is history............P.S. Conway owns the terminal now, and it's still cold in the winter. Would bet this is one of the coldest terminals of "ANY" trucking company in the northeast or maybe anywhere else. Anybody from Conway Buffalo want to support me?

I highly doubt we are ever going to see dock heaters. Haven't had them for 20+ years.
My dock heater is standing behind my propane jeep when I write up bills. Thank god they got rid of the old diesel jeeps.

Dockworker said:
I highly doubt we are ever going to see dock heaters. Haven't had them for 20+ years.
My dock heater is standing behind my propane jeep when I write up bills. Thank god they got rid of the old diesel jeeps.
i use the same heater.

bestbetter said:
I believe the reason is because of haz mat being moved on the dock. If there's a spill, and we have heaters on, there could be a fire.

well all i have to say is if you guys get heaters , we want sealed docks with roll down doors for some A/C here in florida. LMAO :hysterical:

not to be a "companyman" or anything BUT.....that would be an EXTREME and idiotic waste of money as i hope we all know. here are some helpfull ideas to get you through the chilly winter on the "rock"
1.grow a beard...
oh wait cant grow it on company time....

2. if you havent reached puberty yet, go buy a $5 neoprene face mask from your local mega-lo-mart.

3. buy some of those $5 silly fingerless gloves that flip into mittens. i did. put my hot pack right in the pocket that folds over my fingertips. nice and toasty. which leads me to .......

4. go buy some hot packs for $.99

oh, by the way i have no problem shelling out $100 for a nice set of bibs. keeps me toasty.
its gettin chilly out! dress for the weather! :cold2:

I dont expect Conway to heat the dock just wanted to know how everyone felt about it. I do dress for the weather and as long as your not at the camp (Coldwater) your aloud to warm up a little.:whistling: :poster_oops: P.S Paul I hope your right about the "ovens" at the camp. Hopefully they will spread them out so we can all get a little heat, dont forget your pi$$ jars.. LOL

haybalerrap71 said:
I believe the reason is because of haz mat being moved on the dock. If there's a spill, and we have heaters on, there could be a fire.

I work for Jevic in Chicago and we move alot of Hazmat everyday, and on a closed heated dock. I don't see why Conway couldn't heat some docks..It sure beats freezing your nuts off and dressing like and Eskimo in the winter.