XPO | Radiant Heat

Yahooer said:
I work for Jevic in Chicago and we move alot of Hazmat everyday, and on a closed heated dock. I don't see why Conway couldn't heat some docks..It sure beats freezing your nuts off and dressing like and Eskimo in the winter.
Yeah our terminal manager here in Michigan lets us takes some of the junky pallets on the dock, and we start a bon fire. It usually warms the whole dock up about 30 degrees. We just make sure we dont get flammables near the fire. Just ask you TM about it, there usually pretty good about letting you start a little fire on the dock here at Conway.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I'm out of NKX (yep, a southern boy:redneck: ) one year I ran nighttime linehaul to XCN where I worked the dock. One night there was a strong wind and it was snowing so hard that the snow was blowing across the dock at an angle (covering about 100 to 150 feet) parallel with the dock and never touching the dock. :eek: I couldn't believe it and we were working freight. My hat's off to you guys up north. :notworthy: I am a wuss when it comes to cold and blowing snow.:cold2: Since then I have tried to stay on daytime linehaul (WARM TRUCK) and Out of the north.

we had snow tonight blowing in from one side of the dock and out the other. kind of like our own mini blizzard. gotta love it!?

i seriously hope your joking about burning pallets on the dock! seriously...........:busted_blue:

seems that in the "chilly months" jevic hauls more non freezable hazmat freight. which is basically paint. so its no wonder why you guys have heated docks

Yahooer said:
I work for Jevic in Chicago and we move alot of Hazmat everyday, and on a closed heated dock. I don't see why Conway couldn't heat some docks..It sure beats freezing your nuts off and dressing like and Eskimo in the winter.

come on boys i am from xwg in central canada the norm in winter is -35f we went 6 years with no bumper pads or heat them we moved to a new service center heat bumper pads and real dock plates we are more efficient now the snow builds up out side and the trailers are so high and the crappy conway dock plates are so short the andgles were so steep we did the dukes of hazard fling thru the air to get in and out without getting hung up and the snow on/blowing across the floor all we did was spin before not sure how the lifts are still together must say toyotas are tough