XPO | Radios

ClearBlack

TB Lurker
Credits
Not sure if this has been discussed recently in detail, but I was wondering what some of your set-ups were for slip-seat boxes.

What Im looking for is info on:

-Where in the cab you keep yours.

-Material of the box, ie aluminum/wood...

-Components, ie, head unit/speakers/connectors

-Did you make it portable or is it strapped in..

any thing.

also if you guys have pics of your set-ups please post so i can get a clue. post pics of insides too if you can.

Not sure if this has been discussed recently in detail, but I was wondering what some of your set-ups were for slip-seat boxes.

What Im looking for is info on:

-Where in the cab you keep yours.

-Material of the box, ie aluminum/wood...

-Components, ie, head unit/speakers/connectors

-Did you make it portable or is it strapped in..

any thing.

also if you guys have pics of your set-ups please post so i can get a clue. post pics of insides too if you can.

:hide: ClearBlack, if you scroll through the Con-Way threads, there was a rather lengthy one about radio boxes. :smilie_132:

Ya. thank, i found it. But what i didnt find is what i was looking for. I guess Im not too sure what EXACTLY you need for a parts list. I am building my own, so here is what I will be puttin in it:

A head unit Ipod ready
2 6.5" speakers
(maybe 2 tweeters)
and a cigarette lighter for my phone charger.

What I dont know about is wires and/or amps fuses, etc etc....Im not using a cb, and I dont listen to the radio, so i dont need antennas..I will either listen to my cd's or my ipod.

any input on a parts list for this setup would be nice.

thanks

Welcome Clearblack, good to have you. I've built 7 units for our guys up here, so I'll try to help... You have to decide on what material you are building the box out of... aluminum, mdf, plywood? you can buy a quality pre-made all aluminum one which i did recently, or if your wood working skills are ok, DIY. Powercord- easiest way is to stop at a truckstop and buy one either with a cig. plug on end or bare wires, your choice.Radio will come with a wiring harness. You can buy a replacement cig lighter from most auto stores. I recommend installing an inline fuse as well to protect your radio from a power surge from the cig lighter. Go to any car radio installation place and they will sell you speaker wire by the foot as well as the connectors.As for wiring, go red and yellow from deck, red from cig lighter to red on power cord. go black on deck to black on cig lighter to black on power cord. Put an inline fuse on both red and black of power cord, just in case you hook the wires up backwards. need anymore help,feel free to ask. just take your time.:1036316054: