XPO | Radios

Night Tripper

TB Lurker
Credits
Word on the street is that there will be no more radios allowed between the seats...access to fire extinguisher is obstructed. I guess that for the last 15 years the radio box was okay, but now it is an issue all of a sudden. Anybody else heard anything about Conway rule # 2,681 ?

Its always been the rule that you cant block access to the fire extinguisher I have my box up on the passenger seat

Guys with radio boxes on the floor will have to downsize.
Put it on the passenger seat with some kind of abrasion protection. It's an audit exception to not have anything protecting the cloth seats from non OEM items. (other than the drivers butt)

Don't give tham any ideas, Frent1...lol...They are getting so damn petty and ridiculous as it is. I mean we can always count on the company boost our morale. Kinda like all those company cars that are needed. Maybe they should take the radios out of them and put them in the trucks...ha ha ha

Food for Thought:
What's wrong with relocating the fire extinguisher? I've seen other companies fire extinguishers mounted elsewear.

Don't give tham any ideas, Frent1...lol...They are getting so damn petty and ridiculous as it is. I mean we can always count on the company boost our morale. Kinda like all those company cars that are needed. Maybe they should take the radios out of them and put them in the trucks...ha ha ha
We don't need radios in the trucks. It would be an added cost and the board of directors need more to keep up their moral. Sooo selfish.

We don't need radios in the trucks. It would be an added cost and the board of directors need more to keep up their moral. Sooo selfish.
As long as the driver takes good care of these items, stock OEM Radios, AC,Foglights,Cruise Control are awesome gfy.:hysterical: :1036316054:

Word on the street is that there will be no more radios allowed between the seats...access to fire extinguisher is obstructed. I guess that for the last 15 years the radio box was okay, but now it is an issue all of a sudden. Anybody else heard anything about Conway rule # 2,681 ?

Thats why they are called "slip-seat" radios. They belong on the passenger seat, not between the seats. I have mine on the seat, and it keeps my floors clean of obstructions...

Thats why they are called "slip-seat" radios. They belong on the passenger seat, not between the seats. I have mine on the seat, and it keeps my floors clean of obstructions...

Huh, and all these years I thought they were called 'slip-seat radios' because as a slip-seat driver you could move them from one truck to the other easily....i.e. they weren't permanetly attached.
Now does this mean that I, as a slip-seat driver, should be driving from the passenger seat?:biglaugh:

I had to drive a truck w/o a radio one day last week for a truck swap. Trying to stay awake w/o a radio is a tough job I dont know how these guys that dont run them do it. I had to pull over twice for naps on the way home and was 30 past my eta. When the inbound fos asked where i'd been I told him " better late than in ditchc". Anyways I think radios should be required in the trucks just from a safety standpoint. I'd like to see a safety guy drive w/o a radio night after night and see how alert and awake he stays.

as far as I know, it always has been. makes sense to me. but I know nuttin.

one time a fos came out into the yard when i was there to find out why i was hanging a bag of oats on the front of the switcher truck. i said, " hey pal, you told be to fuel the yard horse!" :chairshot: :biglaugh: :hysterical: :chairshot:

When CSE first started up they were not allowed to have cb's in the trucks. There were some drivers out of Charlotte (in the late 80s) that got caught running cbs and were fired.

I keep my radio between the seats ive done it since weve had conventional tractors and nobody has ever said anything to me about it I geuss it depends on where your at prezars is right your not supposed to cover up your fire extinguisher