FedEx Freight | Railroad strike?

This would undoubtedly be worse. There's already a supply chain issue with ships on the coasts and a labor shortage because onlyfans is easier. Plug up the rails and it'll be a disastrous flood once that plug is pulled.

Speaking of plugs, where's Mayor Pete? Isn't this his department? Is he on maternity leave again?
The port in LA/Long Beach are not backed up and actually have empty spots. Less then a dozen outside the ports there. Of which most are bulk carriers with 1 cargo and a couple reefer or wood chips. Last I heard the port was working without a contract and may be seeing how the rail strike goes. If the rail get's traction they may join in. In my opinion I am pretty confident the strike/lockout will happen at 00:01 Friday. How long it lasts is another issue. This will wake a lot of people up to how the goods are distributed in a timely fashion across the US. Plenty of coal power plants need rail cars to deliver so the lights stay on. Just sayin.

The port in LA/Long Beach are not backed up and actually have empty spots. Less then a dozen outside the ports there. Of which most are bulk carriers with 1 cargo and a couple reefer or wood chips. Last I heard the port was working without a contract and may be seeing how the rail strike goes. If the rail get's traction they may join in. In my opinion I am pretty confident the strike/lockout will happen at 00:01 Friday. How long it lasts is another issue. This will wake a lot of people up to how the goods are distributed in a timely fashion across the US. Plenty of coal power plants need rail cars to deliver so the lights stay on. Just sayin.
Agreed! Bidens electric car push won't roll if you can't turn the lights on! If there is nothing to buy or very little of it prices will sky rocket!

If it lasts more than a week I bet our HOS will be suspended.

Agreed! Bidens electric car push won't roll if you can't turn the lights on! If there is nothing to buy or very little of it prices will sky rocket!

If it lasts more than a week I bet our HOS will be suspended.
It will just be another excuse to use in the renewables argument, it won’t change any minds.

Biden just got his Sec of Transportation involved.
They're going to lean on the union hard to give in to the workers. Biden can't afford a supply chain disruption 60 days from thie mid terms
This strike wont last 24hrs.

Good time to be a union RR worker.

For reference, they're abt to get a 24% raise by 2024. Just 16mo away.

What % bump will Fx be by then?

Biden just got his Sec of Transportation involved.
They're going to lean on the union hard to give in to the workers. Biden can't afford a supply chain disruption 60 days from thie mid terms
This strike wont last 24hrs.

Good time to be a union RR worker.

For reference, they're abt to get a 24% raise by 2024. Just 16mo away.

What % bump will Fx be by then?
You folks at FedEx are non-union. If you and the other non-union companies would only put away your animosity toward the Teamsters and organize, then we in LTL trucking would have the same clout the RR workers have. It's not rocket science.

You folks at FedEx are non-union. If you and the other non-union companies would only put away your animosity toward the Teamsters and organize, then we in LTL trucking would have the same clout the RR workers have. It's not rocket science.
If the union would get their $hit together, they could get a 75% in favor of in this environment.