Averitt | Raise: How many Averitt drivers make over $75K?

bigdog88

cancer survivor
Credits
First of all I know that most line haul drivers make more income than the P & D drivers, but how many line haul drivers make $75,000.00 per year. Does that get any ones attention? There is a line haul driver at ENC that does make over $75K and it is not so much how much he makes, but how he does it. Question is why is it allowed? This monster was created a long time ago and has been hidden by a lot of upper management. Here is how he does it. He comes in every night and punches in as a freight clerk around 7:45 p.m. After punching in he signs on the computer to see what load he is pulling that night and then he goes out and pre trips, washes, and fuels his truck (something other line haul drivers don’t get to do on the clock). Then he comes back on the dock and stands around and smokes with the front line leader and other drivers. His cut time is 9:30 p.m. Out of that 1.75 hours he actually spends 30 minutes on the computer lining up the peddle runs for the next day. This is one of the problems, actually this should be handled by the a.m. front line leader, but he doesn’t have enough sense to do it himself. At 9:30 p.m. I assume this driver punches out and takes his load to GBO. Once at GBO he punches in as a dock worker and spends about 4 hours on the dock and then drives back to ENC. Once he bumps the dock at ENC he goes in and punches in as a freight clerk again, signs onto the computer does a few adjustments to peddle runs and then he goes out and drops his trailer, fuels his truck (something other line haul drivers don’t get to do on the clock). Then he returns to the dispatch office where he runs the daily reports for the SCD. It takes him roughly 1 hour to do this. Why does this driver do the work for the FLL (Marcus C.) and the SCD(Gary T.)? These two employees are salary and an hourly person should not be doing the work for these two. The SCD was asked this question and answer was that if he was getting paid so well to do this why didn’t anyone else bid on his run. How stupid do you think we really are Gary T.? Doing yours and Marcus C’s job is not part of any bid. All this stuff was implicated way back by our past FLL Ben S. and Mr. Ron Z. when SCD Randy B. resigned to help out some five or six years ago. I thought when we got a new SCD it would stop, but it never did. Mike S. (past SCD) and Gary T. (present SCD) let him continue doing there jobs for them. Now that this whole scenario has been put into words lets do the math.

1.75 hrs p.m. @ $20.00 $ 35.00

Paid mileage ENC to GBO and back $164.00

4 hrs GBO dock @ 20.00 $80.00

1 hr. a.m. @ $20.00 $20.00

$299.00 per day

$299.00 X 5 days = $1495.00 X 49 weeks = $73,255.00

Not sure how he gets paid for vacation, but if he got $1000.00 per week for 3 weeks the annual salary would be $76,255.00. ALTHOUGH THESE FIGURES AS FAR AS PAY GOES IS CORRECT HIS HOURS MAY VARY FROM WEEK TO WEEK, BUT HE DOES MAKE OVER $75K PER YEAR. So how many drivers for Averitt make this kind of salary? I wonder why they say line haul is the biggest cost to Averitt. Well the way I see it, if Gary T. and Marcus C. did there job and Steve H. was cut from doing there job for them it would save ENC’s bottom line($13,475.00 per year). The thing about it is when Steve H. is on vacation they have to do their own jobs then. I know Mr. Ron Z. knows this is :butt kiss:going on so why is he allowing it? Looks like someone in payroll or at corporate would catch on. Kind of sounds corrupt to me. Steve H. is good at what he does, but he either needs to just drive or become a SCD!!!

Great post BD, very interesting to hear what goes on at other svc. At Nor, only 1 of our shuttle drivers makes over 70. He runs a 614 mile run to Gbo. Our unassigned drivers do not get as many miles as he does. Now for my opinion on what you said about ENC. I think that fueling and pre-tripping his truck on the clock is the only thing that this driver is doing wrong. Svc directors can distribute work any way they see fit. The guy must be in a pickle to want to work 14 hours a day anyway.

Sounds like he has a sweet thing going.....I ran into him over there at ENC when I was there this past winter. Looks like there are a lot of SWEET deals up in the CAROLINA'S, there are some T/L drivers over there that have what they consider THEIR runs. If CORPERATE lets them get away with it, that's their problem. The computer logging is going to make things equal. As of right now I'm ONLY going to worry about what going on with ME!:shift:

In t/l was able to top 74k when training and as high as 67k (last year), I saw it coming to an end quickly in the t/l section, even if you have a good fleet mgr and work a lot of saturday's, I've been told by many the city/combo is an average of 45k, but i'm well on track to be ahead of that. I think it depends on the person, and of course the area, I've not cheated the system to get what I have gotten, my job isnt worth the little extra, but it has to be worked for

We have two guys who make that, 660 miles a day, and our single sleepers come real close if not surpass them. Our out of town dock workers get into big trouble if they are caught fueling, dropping or hooking while clocked in. Too many miles for me.

I make that on mY shuttle run. I think this fueling/hookong on the clock by combo drivers is far more widespread than you may think. We have a violator at my house of that same thing. If I could get by with it I would as well.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

T/L drivers could earn 75k , if they were paid practical miles, all waiting time for loads, loading and unloading, breakdown, washing their truck, fueling their truck.......EXCUSE ME....I'm have a SENIOR MOMENT:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

The point here is that there is a butt kisser in GBO that is getting teacher's pet status as he is working for incompetent and ignorant management. Got it loud and clear.

The point here is that there is a butt kisser in GBO that is getting teacher's pet status as he is working for incompetent and ignorant management. Got it loud and clear.

This person is really out of ENC, but runs to GBO. It is not what he makes it is how he does it as stated before. This was started a long time ago and has never stopped. It aint fair to the rest of the guys because if they (mngmt) even thinks that a city or shuttle is getting an extra 5 the whole world comes to an end. I am not saying it is that way everywhere but at good ole ENC that is the way it works.

Lifer you are blessed to have the run that you have. Our two runs that come closest to your 600+ miler is Knx-Nas-Knx-Nas-Knx= 660 daytimer starting at 11:00am, and the Knx to Wye, Winchester meet, Wye to Knx, Knx to Cor. Cor to Knx= 612ish night time. We also have three runs with two stops that get between 386 and 468 miles a night, 9.5-10 hrs to do it.

Give me a couple years and you'll be hard pressed to find me on anything longer than our shortest run.....400 and change. I'm sick of long runs.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk