Raise your hand if you have done this

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
So today, I had an actually okay day I guess. All things considered it wasn't all that awful I got officially done at 2:45pm which really wasn't that bad,for 18 stops being done at 2:45 is a perfectly acceptable time to be done. Any how the management put me on a new route and actually it's not a bad route, better then the one I came off of. However, they because it's a new route send me with a helper and today they sent me with this clown who is like some kind of helper/driver who goes between headquarters and a drop lot. So basically they put a baby sitter with me, because they thought I needed one, even though I've already done routes on my own numerous times and everything like that. The whole logic behind it is kind of stupid because what does this idiot who I had to work with for 2 stops thank god know about the route I am covering? The answer is not a damn thing, so what do I need him for?

Any how this clown has been around longer then, me and is a better beer truck driver then me. Well you know I'm going to put it out there. I am not the fastest not the slowest either, but I am at the point now where I do it my way, and sometimes that involves a little more work, but it's usually to avoid a break or accident. Basically I do what I feel comfortable doing and if it's a few extra steps oh well.

So any how they send me with this fool and I told him really nicely "I rode this route all last week, so today the first stop we go to is this bar." He replies with a tad of confrontation in his voice "Why do we go there first, are they open?" Like he was bitching at me already. I then replied again nicely "So and so who covered this route for 3 years previous to me taking it over told me on Tuesday we go to this bar first, they are open." So we get there and he says to me "What are they getting?" I said "3 cases and a 1/2 barel" He looks at me and goes "I'm going to sleep in the truck you can handle that." I said "Okay no problem." It really wasn't a problem, I don't mind going it alone. Then he tried to make some kind of fight about it and I said "Okay, I'll go run out and do it." So then he could sleep.

Then I go do what I had to do and he says "What took you so long? You took forever in there?" I said "The customer took a while writing the check, there was nothing I could do about it." They did take a long time writing the check, because they were fiddling with there office door lock at the same time, nothing I could do."

Any how he then tells me "The office called someone called off they need me to cover that route, there going to send someone to get me." I said "Okay, well all we have to do is go to Wal-Mart next across the street." He then groans "That Wal-Mart, there like the worst one!"

I'm thinking for Christ sake I'm not going to make it all day with this kind of crap. I mean I would have made it, but I probably would have been ticked enough to go into the office and say something about this clown and that probably would have ended with me quitting, because I know this guy is one of the managers "boys" (where I work there is rampant and blatant favoritism and some guys are in the club and some are not. I am not in the club, not by a long shot and never will be.The guys who are in the club think that this job working for this company is like actually something. Me I pretty much feel this is pretty much a crappy starter job.) Usually I don't like to say anything about anyone and never have and really never will, but you know you give me this "helper" to help well the help he was giving I don't need and I've got enough troubles during the day. He did help at Wal-Mart a little bit, the people at Wal-Mart who work there are so rude and nasty, for the record I never ever shop at Wal-Mart never have never will, I have no use for that company. The employees there have bad attitudes some are extremely lazy and you know I've heard it all before, I know Wal-Mart isn't the greatest of employers, but at the same time, I don't think some of the employees there are worth $15.00 an hour either.

Any how they took my "helper" away from me on the second stop and I rolled solo the rest of the day thank god. Like I said I got to my first stop at 7:30am and was leaving my last stop at 2:45pm and did the whole day by myself, so what did I need a helper for? That's 18 stops is 7-8 hours whats the trouble?

Any how at my last stop I realized that I had two cases on the truck that I didn't realize went to one stop that I had in the morning. What happened was sometimes you don't always pick up everything you read and sometimes stuff just gets over looked. Well I just overlooked these two cases of things and I said to my self "Oh crap we better bite the bullet on this one." So I drove from my last stop to this bar. I told the man "Hi, I didn't realize this at the time, but these two cases are yours, you already paid for them and all that, I'm just letting you know that I accidentally shorted them. Your stuff was merged in with three other customers (making it very easy for a mistake to happen by the way.) and I just didn't realize it until now." He said "Well I ain't taking them down stairs." I said "No, no no that's fine I'll take them down stairs, I just wanted to let you know I realized later in the day that I misunderstood and then came back here to make it right." I was building some good will. The guy said "Well you know what ,hey you came back, that's more then most people would do. Your alright." I said "You don't have to write a check or anything like that, this stuffs already paid for, it just didn't make it off the truck this morning."

So that added an hour onto my day, but the actual route was done at a decent time. Any how when I got back to the yard I told another driver about that and he said "Oh I've had that happen too." He said "One time I was digging digging digging for a case and could not find it. Thought it was off the truck. Then get to my last stop and boom there it was. I said oh crap and went back and had to do all the paperwork over again. So your not alone."

I remember when I worked at the restaurant we had a delivery from Sysco and an hour later the Sysco truck came back and the driver said "You know what, I missed this case of bottled water and was at my last stop and realized I needed to bring it to you guys." Sometimes I think both the delivery person and the checker can miss things.

Like I do things that a lot of guys don't do, but it makes it easier for some people and my self in other ways, like I get back to the yard and do all money there, some guys do it out in the field, but I don't know I try to make it easy for the woman who works the window, she's new like me and I figure if I sit down and count it all out and all that stuff then go up to the window with it all square it's easier for both of us. So that's what I try and do. I would do my money in the field if I had a lot of checks then it's a different story, but I'm trying to do my best and keep everything to a minimum, keep accounting adjustments to a minimum. If I accidentally short someone, I go back and make it right, if I can. Really this is the first time that has ever happened to me. It might take a little longer, but not that much longer in the grand scheme of things.

Any how that's all the fun I have for today, but like I tell my self, hey today is over with it doesn't matter any more, on to tomorrow now!