FedEx Freight | Raise

Putting a driverless truck or even a fleet of them is only the pipe dreams of the companies that want them.
To be driverless without a controlled environment that the test base is would be a monstrosity to go on a global base. For one till every vehicle has to be able talk to each other Data wise. Years away for every vehicle on the road. Second , the lobbying for these hasn’t started. Only testing. Third the DOT nightmare these vehicles would have to pass on a daily basis to be driverless. Daily calibration if sensors, dont see fedex fixing whats broke know. Over the road companies would never be able to keep up with daily inspections.
Just look at the airlines compliance to fly passengers, now your going to put a driverless truck on a public road.
The states have to approve these state wide. All 50 states. Good luck with that after you just layed off the tax base.
Hell they cant even get the 33 foot trailers on the road
Just my two cents that’s worthless

But they seem to underestimate the "cost" of the decline in enthusiasm.

While the powers that be may currently be fat and happy, in terms of being fully staffed, they overlook the crucial metric. Driver engagement, (like trust) is tough and costly to regain, once lost.

They took a calculated risk, IMHO. Counting on most not being aware that this is among the smallest raises, combined with one of the deepest cuts in the insurance benefit. All while profitability skyrockets to record levels.
I truly believe they could care less how much we are engaged. I voiced my opinion to a supervisor and they are in the same boat. Low raise and having their bonus taken away. I think he was happy to be able to vent his frustrations.

We have proven over the years they don't care about our input. It just seems to be getting worse. When you constantly look at the wrong "P" you loose sight of the overall driver landscape. Our revenue is climbing so who cares about the rest. When was the last time you were asked to participate in a JOM contest? We used to have several a year and now nothing. I will take your word as being fully staffed everywhere but at my barn we have been short staffed for years. OT is handed out like candy at Halloween. Slow season does not exist here and no we are not a hub either. Sooner or later drivers will stop killing themselves and slow down to match the current pay level.

We have proven over the years they don't care about our input. It just seems to be getting worse. When you constantly look at the wrong "P" you loose sight of the overall driver landscape. Our revenue is climbing so who cares about the rest. When was the last time you were asked to participate in a JOM contest? We used to have several a year and now nothing. I will take your word as being fully staffed everywhere but at my barn we have been short staffed for years. OT is handed out like candy at Halloween. Slow season does not exist here and no we are not a hub either. Sooner or later drivers will stop killing themselves and slow down to match the current pay level.
If you could get all the OT you want. Then your making a pretty good living. If you do the math your way above the current pay level. We got bottom guys just trying to get 40hrs .

Wait till the new insurance kicks in then you will notice a negative difference. Isn’t that just great?

Yeah great for fed ex not so much for employees. That operating ratio should be through the roof next year considering this deal and them raising rates 5.8% oh and let's not forget about the billions they will save with tax cuts.

Yeah great for fed ex not so much for employees. That operating ratio should be through the roof next year considering this deal and them raising rates 5.8% oh and let's not forget about the billions they will save with tax cuts.
OR will be in excess of 100, with the new damage claims from fx direct

TqAIT92.jpg

Dude....you don’t actually believe this do you? LOL

It said 3 out of 4 people will make it into the top 20% income bracket. That is a load of garbage.
Garbage? Your perception may be clouding your understanding. (where's your mood elevator? :poke:)

"One half, 49.98%, of all income in the US was earned by households with an income over $100,000, the top twenty percent"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_in_the_United_States
Household income distribution - Top 20% - $92,000

Even YOU might be in the top 20%, depending on your husband's earnings.

Wanna talk about individuals, instead of households? $81k will put you there.
https://dqydj.com/income-percentile-calculator/

Last edited:
Garbage? Your perception may be clouding your understanding. (where 's your mood elevator? :poke:)

"One half, 49.98%, of all income in the US was earned by households with an income over $100,000, the top twenty percent"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_in_the_United_States
Household income distribution - Top 20% - $92,000

Even YOU might be in the top 20%, depending on your husband's earnings.

Wanna talk about individuals, instead of households? $81k will put you there.
https://dqydj.com/income-percentile-calculator/
Your video referenced on an individual level. I’m still not sold on 3 out of 4 breaking at $81k barrier. :shrug:

HOWEVER, What this does tell me is that road drivers have zero to bitch about because they make dang good money compared the the average citizen. :-)

Your video referenced on an individual level. I’m still not sold on 3 out of 4 breaking at $81k barrier. :shrug:

HOWEVER, What this does tell me is that road drivers have zero to bitch about because they make dang good money compared the the average citizen. :-)
Road and City drivers also work a lot more hours than the average citizen, Mr. Wizard.