FedEx Freight | Raises 2019

Boats n hoes

TB Lurker
Credits
Let it begin.

Wonder if they will wait last minute to announce or do what they've done in years past and announce the amount a month approx before it takes effect.

Salaried getting raises? They should be doing their reviews by now.

I would assume hourly is getting a raise. Competition like xpo got one.

Let it begin.

Wonder if they will wait last minute to announce or do what they've done in years past and announce the amount a month approx before it takes effect.

Salaried getting raises? They should be doing their reviews by now.

I would assume hourly is getting a raise. Competition like xpo got one.
We should probably start asking around, just to know what the competition is doing.

With all of the CHANGES in Corp. Brass, this raise will be somewhat telling, as far as direction & "value placed" on our services? Industry leader? PSP defined?

I'd say, since the benefit from the massive tax cuts were only shared once (18 mo. prior), this one should equate to a SHARING (in part) of that ongoing WINDFALL.

Also, it would be a mistake to shortchange mid/low level leadership, lest history repeat itself...

They will give whatever raise they choose to give and will raise the cost of the medical insurance however they want to and frankly that’s what a majority of drivers wanted so that’s the way it is. Some of us in CLT and other locations tried to change that and it didn’t work out. I will spend the rest of my time trying to dig the 51 knives out of my back that were placed there by some of my fellow drivers but I sleep well knowing I and others at least made an effort to give us a voice.

Last edited:
They will give whatever raise they choose to give and will raise the cost of the medical insurance however they want to and frankly that’s what a majority of drivers wanted so that’s the way it is. Some of us in CLT and other locations tried to change that and it didn’t work out. I will spend the rest of my time trying to dig the 51 knives out of my back that were placed there by some of my fellow drivers but I sleep well knowing I and others at least made an effort to give us a voice.
I heard our new RDA knows all about the knives, heard from a friend

I want to like this post, but the fact that the knives still exist is not likable, IMHO.

Those holding any grudge display a shallow view (hypocrisy?) that their opinion should be respected, but not the opposing opinion. Some fail to realize the necessity of, as well as the improvements "encouraged" by, the effort. Not to mention the work involved. Today would likely be much different without the effort, IMHO. Thank YOU, to those who did the heavy lifting.

2 pay scales (Using the current top 2)
5.5% bump across the board.

Start paying people like you're the largest and best LtL carrier on the planet. Every other aspect of FxF reflects this EXCEPT pay and benefits.

That would all be nice, but the chance of it happening is about the same as me hitting the Powerball. I don't expect the raise to be that great this year freight employees will probably take the hit for Express struggling over seas. JMO I hope I'm wrong.

I want to like this post, but the fact that the knives still exist is not likable, IMHO.

Those holding any grudge display a shallow view (hypocrisy?) that their opinion should be respected, but not the opposing opinion. Some fail to realize the necessity of, as well as the improvements "encouraged" by, the effort. Not to mention the work involved. Today would likely be much different without the effort, IMHO. Thank YOU, to those who did the heavy lifting.
so true

2 pay scales (Using the current top 2)
5.5% bump across the board.

Start paying people like you're the largest and best LtL carrier on the planet. Every other aspect of FxF reflects this EXCEPT pay and benefits.
Lol, fedex cares about their profits not the drivers... they find people to drive the trucks at the rate the want to pay so they are not going to bump it up that much. There will be some excuse to try to convince us it's the best move for the company

Lol, fedex cares about their profits not the drivers... they find people to drive the trucks at the rate the want to pay so they are not going to bump it up that much. There will be some excuse to try to convince us it's the best move for the company

That is the very reason why we will hire anyone these days. No more being picky. The people is PSP is definitely not the drivers, it's more like executives or share holders.