FedEx Freight | raises// anyone heard anything

This raise is certainly NOT keeping up with inflation. Not even close. Guessing they are willing to risk losing a few...

Anyone want to bet on whether FedEx Shipping rates are keeping up with inflation? I'll bet they are.
Probably will lose more then a few, hence the over hiring in areas. My guess is the company bean counter says inflation will come down so lets split it down the middle. So they are thinking under pay for awhile then it will balance out next year IF inflation drops below 5%. Typical disconnect from the ivory tower. The raise won't even cover the increased cost of food right now.

Probably will lose more then a few, hence the over hiring in areas. My guess is the company bean counter says inflation will come down so lets split it down the middle. So they are thinking under pay for awhile then it will balance out next year IF inflation drops below 5%. Typical disconnect from the ivory tower. The raise won't even cover the increased cost of food right now.
, and we all know the real world inflation #s are nowhere near 8.5%. Eaisly double that and in some cases triple. I can't think of a single item, commodity, or service that has only gone up 8.5%.
Food is eaisly +20%.
On top of that, there is zero indication that inflation is moving down at any significant rate for some time. Like years.
Going from 9.1% to 8.5 as a blip is not an improvement.
Even if it drops to say, 5% in a year (which it won't) that is still absurdly high.

Problem is blue collar mentality. I bank there's a good deal who see that 5% as a huge gain, and I'd immediately argue that 19/20 drivers don't have a 6th grade grasp of basic economics.

Bottom line is that Fx drivers are making less today than they were 4yrs ago.

Then, to pi$$ all over decency, Fx has the nerve to offer an insurance plan with a $4,500 deductible.

At this point, one can only assume Fx is absolutely oblivious to current cost of living.
That, or they are making a concerted efford to lighten the workforce.

We were just told city drivers across the board 5% this year. They wouldn't tell us what the road is getting. So we're getting less than we did 3yra ago. Also told us insurance is going up $2 per person per week. They Don't Care About Who Makes Money For Them!

, and we all know the real world inflation #s are nowhere near 8.5%. Eaisly double that and in some cases triple. I can't think of a single item, commodity, or service that has only gone up 8.5%.
Food is eaisly +20%.
On top of that, there is zero indication that inflation is moving down at any significant rate for some time. Like years.
Going from 9.1% to 8.5 as a blip is not an improvement.
Even if it drops to say, 5% in a year (which it won't) that is still absurdly high.

Problem is blue collar mentality. I bank there's a good deal who see that 5% as a huge gain, and I'd immediately argue that 19/20 drivers don't have a 6th grade grasp of basic economics.

Bottom line is that Fx drivers are making less today than they were 4yrs ago.

Then, to pi$$ all over decency, Fx has the nerve to offer an insurance plan with a $4,500 deductible.

At this point, one can only assume Fx is absolutely oblivious to current cost of living.
That, or they are making a concerted efford to lighten the workforce.
Good points.

Even the 5% is highly misleading. Only the WAGE portion of your compensation is increasing. The rest remains the same.
Did your work boot reimbursement benefit go up 5%? NO.
Did insurance improve 5%? No. In fact insurance is up another $18.00/mo.

PLUS, they did NOT correct a single GPD scale, did they?

Remember the old total compensation newsletter they used to send out? There was a website too. I seem to recall that wages were around 2/3 or the total compensation. If that is still the case, a 5% wage increase equates to around 3.3 % total compensation increase. Yay! <insert sarcasm>

Bottom GPD gets screwed once again. 60 bucks a week minus taxes and pending insurance take back = maybe 20 bucks a week. What a joke.

I'd say that this proves, beyond a doubt that drivers can expect a 3-4.x "raise" yearly.

If between record profits, record earnings, inability to aquire new talent/retain seasoned talent, lack of qualified applicants, and massive inflation didn't spur Fx to provide it's employees with a reasonable COLA increase, then it never will.

I'd say that this proves, beyond a doubt that drivers can expect a 3-4.x "raise" yearly.
If between record profits, record earnings, inability to aquire new talent/retain seasoned talent, lack of qualified applicants, and massive inflation didn't spur Fx to provide it's employees with a reasonable COLA increase, then it never will.
3.6 roentgen
Not great
Not terrible