FedEx Freight | raises// anyone heard anything

Good points.

Even the 5% is highly misleading. Only the WAGE portion of your compensation is increasing. The rest remains the same.
Did your work boot reimbursement benefit go up 5%? NO.
Did insurance improve 5%? No. In fact insurance is up another $18.00/mo.

PLUS, they did NOT correct a single GPD scale, did they?

Remember the old total compensation newsletter they used to send out? There was a website too. I seem to recall that wages were around 2/3 or the total compensation. If that is still the case, a 5% wage increase equates to around 3.3 % total compensation increase. Yay! <insert sarcasm>

91290189-4105-46C4-B023-AD8012AB1FF5.md.png

Drivers will still be wearing Chuck Taylors on the dock. No one enforces the boot rule.
There is no boot "rule".
Footwear just has to be "prodomiantly black"

To collect the reimbursement, they do however have to be ANSI toe (steel or composite) and mostly black.

Though, I think FX has thrown the uniform standards out the window entirely. Even when I go to Freight terminals, drivers wear whatever shoes they want. Orange Jordans, whatever. No tucked in shirts, no belts.

When I was still at Freight, their uniform standards were pretty tight. Not sure why they've let that slip aside from not being ran as well, and standards haven't been maintained.

Low pay, low benefits gets low quality employees that are hard to maintain, and FX has said "eff it"

There is no boot "rule".
Footwear just has to be "prodomiantly black"

To collect the reimbursement, they do however have to be ANSI toe (steel or composite) and mostly black.

Though, I think FX has thrown the uniform standards out the window entirely. Even when I go to Freight terminals, drivers wear whatever shoes they want. Orange Jordans, whatever. No tucked in shirts, no belts.

When I was still at Freight, their uniform standards were pretty tight. Not sure why they've let that slip aside from not being ran as well, and standards haven't been maintained.

Low pay, low benefits gets low quality employees that are hard to maintain, and FX has said "eff it"

I poop you not, I've seen drivers walk into dispatch wearing flip flops.

I thought on the dock we needed to have black leather boots. I guess I’m mistaken. I still wear my safety toe boots even if I’m on a run with no dock work. Just don’t like driving the truck with gym shoes. Those safety toe boots saved my feet multiple times on the dock with beams or freight falling on my feet. I did see a “company” driver in Indy walking into dispatch wearing Adidas sandals a couple years ago. Guess he was on a hub turn lol.

Saw a driver for a Union Co the other day had on a shirt which read..... Lets play carpenter, I'll get hammered then I'll nail you. Talk about low standards.
Even before I had to wear a uniform, I had a "uniform" of sorts. Plain t-shirt, work shirt, cargo pants, boots, cool Irish cap. Served me well to prepare for UPS. lol

I hated seeing my coworkers in lewd t-shirts and what-not. I'm not a *****, but I do appreciate professionalism.