FedEx Freight | raises// anyone heard anything

Yeah if we were all making that wage probably wouldn't be as much complaining, but we're not.
FedEx always says they go by demographic/zip code to determine wages via COLA.
when I worked in Southern California at the orange terminal, the Irvine terminal was about 14 miles down the road, and they were getting a little more than a $1 more per hour than we were for city work, working in the same exact county.

I wish they would just take the highest paying demographic and just give all drivers that same wage but I’m sure allot would complain about it.

Hell they could give us all $40 and hour now and someone would still complain it isn’t enough $.

There are no other trucking companies in my area in LVS that are paying anything near what we make, City is at $32.22 and going to $33.83 (5% increase) unless you want to run OTR with another company and never be home, you may make a little more. Most local jobs are paying 21-28 an hour and the higher that wage goes then you are working nights and weekends.
Personally I think it’s a fair raise. Do I wish it was more? Well yeah but I’ll take what they give as I have no choice really.

when I worked in Southern California at the orange terminal, the Irvine terminal was about 14 miles down the road, and they were getting a little more than a $1 more per hour than we were for city work, working in the same exact county.

I wish they would just take the highest paying demographic and just give all drivers that same wage but I’m sure allot would complain about it.

Hell they could give us all $40 and hour now and someone would still complain it isn’t enough $.

There are no other trucking companies in my area in LVS that are paying anything near what we make, City is at $32.22 and going to $33.83 (5% increase) unless you want to run OTR with another company and never be home, you may make a little more. Most local jobs are paying 21-28 an hour and the higher that wage goes then you are working nights and weekends.
Personally I think it’s a fair raise. Do I wish it was more? Well yeah but I’ll take what they give as I have no choice really.
Which has to be the most ignorant, ass-backwards way to determine a pay scale anyone could imagine. You get paid based on what other people in the area make?

What
In
The
Hell?

Go tell a Doctor, Plumber, Lawyer, ect that they're going to be paid less than someone in their respective profession 30mi away because the average pay of other jobs in the area is lower.

"Yeah Mr Cardiologist, ya see, there's a Home Depot next door, and their average pay is $13hr,so uh yeah. That's why you make 10% less than the cardiologist at the hospital 20mi away."
Wtf?

Also, a LOT of terminals are in $hitty parts of town, where real estate is cheaper because crime is higher.
Somehow, that translates into lower wages for the drivers?
Who does this make sense to?

You're somehow worth less because of where Fx decided to set up a barn?

Blows my mind that this is so eaisly accepted.

I get what you are saying, but it's completely opposite in my area we are close to the bottom between the other ltl's. We shouldn't have 4 pay scales fed ex should have done away with the bottom one years ago.

Which has to be the most ignorant, ass-backwards way to determine a pay scale anyone could imagine. You get paid based on what other people in the area make?

What
In
The
Hell?

Go tell a Doctor, Plumber, Lawyer, ect that they're going to be paid less than someone in their respective profession 30mi away because the average pay of other jobs in the area is lower.

"Yeah Mr Cardiologist, ya see, there's a Home Depot next door, and their average pay is $13hr,so uh yeah. That's why you make 10% less than the cardiologist at the hospital 20mi away."
Wtf?

Also, a LOT of terminals are in $hitty parts of town, where real estate is cheaper because crime is higher.
Somehow, that translates into lower wages for the drivers?
Who does this make sense to?

You're somehow worth less because of where Fx decided to set up a barn?

Blows my mind that this is so eaisly accepted.
It's really not. And I'm saying this as someone whose company has a uniform pay scale everywhere.

The guys in rural areas live like kings. I'm comfortable in Chicago, but not rich.

They do their best to increase our pay with work rules, but...our pay still goes a lot further in other parts of the country.

And this is partly devil's advocate. I can see both sides of the argument.

All the southern cal terminals are on the same pay scale now...or at least they were when I retired 3 months ago...

has anyone heard a thing on this issue? after the bonus's i would think we would get a decent raise> OD rumor has them getting .05 a mile. true or it would be nice . personally don't see it happening tho. Better insurance would also be sweet...
5% 1.65. 34.60