FedEx Freight | raises// anyone heard anything

Which has to be the most ignorant, ass-backwards way to determine a pay scale anyone could imagine. You get paid based on what other people in the area make?

What
In
The
Hell?

Go tell a Doctor, Plumber, Lawyer, ect that they're going to be paid less than someone in their respective profession 30mi away because the average pay of other jobs in the area is lower.

"Yeah Mr Cardiologist, ya see, there's a Home Depot next door, and their average pay is $13hr,so uh yeah. That's why you make 10% less than the cardiologist at the hospital 20mi away."
Wtf?

Also, a LOT of terminals are in $hitty parts of town, where real estate is cheaper because crime is higher.
Somehow, that translates into lower wages for the drivers?
Who does this make sense to?

You're somehow worth less because of where Fx decided to set up a barn?

Blows my mind that this is so eaisly accepted.
you know? i am shocked that since you know it all and always have the perfect answers, why don't you start your own business! i'm sure you would be successful and pay your employees w above average wages with excellent benefits! its amazing you havent though about or done it already causetime is a wastin!

you know? i am shocked that since you know it all and always have the perfect answers, why don't you start your own business! i'm sure you would be successful and pay your employees w above average wages with excellent benefits! its amazing you havent though about or done it already causetime is a wastin!
Yeaaaah,

Don't pay attention much do you?

I did exactly that. Parted ways with FxF over 5yrs ago.

Do you like apples?

I'm not lurking. I post quite often.

As for why, because in my current business, it helps if I stay informed as to the state of the trucking aspect of the logistics industry.
I was not implying that you are not welcome here… I seriously wanted to know WHY, which you answered… I know you post often- I see them. Mostly negative drivel about big bad fedex and how you would do things if you were in charge more than the “aspects of the logistics industry”
But whatever floats your boat man!

I was not implying that you are not welcome here… I seriously wanted to know WHY, which you answered… I know you post often- I see them. Mostly negative drivel about big bad fedex and how you would do things if you were in charge more than the “aspects of the logistics industry”
But whatever floats your boat man!
I absorb what's going on in the industry.
I comment on the poor treatment of drivers by the industry, and will continue to do so. Also, I post in other company forums as well.