SEFL | Random Drug Screens

Tater

TB Lurker
Credits
One of my co-workers, from the Knoxville terminal, was required to wait an hour and 30 minutes prior to specimen collection. The collection tech said it was now mandatory at her office, due to all of the additives that can be purchased. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know what the DOT regs. have to say about this?:boat:

I have an hour and 15min drive home. where we take the drug test is about 20 min in the oppisite direction it is stupid to have to do all this after 500 miles of driving on the clock are not I gave my terminal manager a lead on a guy who comes to the terminal you walk in he hands you the cup and you are done just my opinion but my time is worth more than 20 dollars an hour

it seems they are getting a driver every week at my term, they usually get us in the mornings and we go sit and wait and come back to a long run.

One of my co-workers, from the Knoxville terminal, was required to wait an hour and 30 minutes prior to specimen collection. The collection tech said it was now mandatory at her office, due to all of the additives that can be purchased. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know what the DOT regs. have to say about this?:boat:

Tater, what the tech said was wrong. From what I know, a drug screen via a urine sample must be completed within a 2 and 1 half hour window. This is due to the "shy bladder syndrome" . This shy bladder syndrome is when a 'donor' cannot produce the required millimeters worth of urine per sample at that time to be legally tested. What ever the reason the amount cannot be given at that time of sample, the donor has to wait so that the next sample they give will be enough fluid to separate into two equal amounts to be tested (one to be tested,the other to be used as a controlled confirmation if the 1st specimen comes back hot).After the 2 1\2 hour the donor then has the option to go and have a blood sample pulled to be tested for the same properties that the urine test would provide. Other wise this will be a failure to provide a sample much like refusing to do a breath test for a dui investigation. What I think the tech alluding to was all the after market variants that can be purchased to fool detection of uppers, downers, opiates and so on, but one thing here is for sure. They will no longer provide you with water to increase your urine output if you have a shy bladder. Why: because the more water you introduce to your system b4 providing a sample the more the diluted your specimen will be.Drug screens use a formula that detects a illegal substance's ppm within a given amount of sample (parts per million) The more water that is introduced to the system be for the sample is acquired the more dilute the the specimen will be. If you look at the initial report of your sample that you must initial, the box that is labeled diluted will be checked if your specimen is clear and not yellow. Diluted means that there is too much water in the urine to accurately detect ppm of an illegal agent within that given sample. As to those other options that r out there that mask ones drug use they do not work:they test for those masking agents and if they are present in your sample, your just as guilty as if you did them.

who cares about drug test there a hostler in atlanta that does meth and smokes weed on the job the terminal manager has known about for about a year and dosent care.

At my terminal, we had the tm walk down the dock and hand pick 4 guys that were rumored to have been smoking weed and other things, put them in his car and drove them to the drug testing facility himself. needless to say, none of them were seen at sefl again...

bull drug test are done every three months

I may be mistaken but every 6 months a minimum of 50% of all dot. eligible associates are subject to a drug screening, conducted in an random manner. Now if the employer has reason to believe additional associates need testing due to work related variables, they have that right to have them tested over the legal % of 50% per that 1\2 year. Again this is all conjecture until I can confirm this. None the less:do the right thing even when no one is around to see you, and you have no reason to worry........

While on a lay down run I had a safety man come to the resurant where I was eating supper and demand that I go with him, in his car, to take a **** test and breathalyzer(He did reimburse me for my food that I did not get to eat) But then I had to rush to hotel grab my clothes and leave for my run about a hour after my gate time. Needless to say I was not happy but did comply

There is such a thing as a Reasonable Cause drug test if Management or Safety think you are doing something. That is a DOT Rule

i'm 3 yrs i've had 4 tests, some guys get tested every month, its like a free 2.5 on the clock, when mgmt asks us to come in early, we know what its for most of the time.....i don't mind

Well, I got popped for a random Saturday after long week and got my two and a half hours on the clock. Wasn't bad just had to wait for the place to open

At my terminal, we had the tm walk down the dock and hand pick 4 guys that were rumored to have been smoking weed and other things, put them in his car and drove them to the drug testing facility himself. needless to say, none of them were seen at sefl again...

Must had been true!!