XPO | Random Drug Tests

Wow! What a hornets nest! We get paid for random drug test but not for DOT physicals or licensing requirments. I have had several "radoms" this year. The last one was 2.75 hours. When they hand you the paperwork , they punch the clock and them agin when you get back. I always ask for (and get) a company vehicle to go to the clinic. I'm on the clock doing company required business. I do log radom and DOT physicals. I don't take any chances with that.

Drive safe

cc

I felt your pain and anger reading your post. :hide:
If enough of you guys at your terminal bring it up, they might just turn that short run into a flat rate run.

It was a flat rate run they keep taking miles off. It used to be 60 miles each way then 55 then 55their and 45 back now 48 their and 45 back. :butt kiss:

Talked to a ABF driver this week, he said he had to go for a random drug test...took over an hour got PAID for his time...anyone ever think about a class action against conway for all our DONATED time taking random drug tests? Thats alot of personal family home time STOLEN from the employees.

Yea...lets sue OUR place of employment while the economy is slow so maybe they will go bankrupt and close the doors...yea sounds like a good flamin idea....:nutkick: :chairshot: :1036316054: :tongue0002:

Why is everyone concerned about getting paid for drug tests? I wish we were paid but I knew I wouldn't be when I hired in.

If you want to Hold a CDL Related Job you are required to submit to a random drug test. The company isn't required by any law to pay you for it. Most Companies Don't pay for it. LTL has some that will pay for it but most OTR and Local Driving Jobs won't pay for it. Just like Con-way you go on your time as it's a federally required test.

I was hit with 6 Drug tests in 12 months a couple years ago... I wish I would have been Paid for them, heck it would have meant an extra $200 bucks for the year... Over the course of the year you might lose $200 Dollars if you go several times but if your life hinges on $200 per year you need to rethink your financial situation.

Do I enjoy giving up some time to Get Drug Tested, No, But it's part of working for Con-way... Everyone knew that before they hired in. (And when you got your CDL you knew you would have to go get them)

Anyone thinking of a lawsuit for time @ a drug test, Good luck with that, but you'll probably lose more in legal fees than you ever get back... The law isn't on your side in this matter...

MG

Why is everyone concerned about getting paid for drug tests? I wish we were paid but I knew I wouldn't be when I hired in.

If you want to Hold a CDL Related Job you are required to submit to a random drug test. The company isn't required by any law to pay you for it. Most Companies Don't pay for it. LTL has some that will pay for it but most OTR and Local Driving Jobs won't pay for it. Just like Con-way you go on your time as it's a federally required test.

I was hit with 6 Drug tests in 12 months a couple years ago... I wish I would have been Paid for them, heck it would have meant an extra $200 bucks for the year... Over the course of the year you might lose $200 Dollars if you go several times but if your life hinges on $200 per year you need to rethink your financial situation.

Do I enjoy giving up some time to Get Drug Tested, No, But it's part of working for Con-way... Everyone knew that before they hired in. (And when you got your CDL you knew you would have to go get them)

Anyone thinking of a lawsuit for time @ a drug test, Good luck with that, but you'll probably lose more in legal fees than you ever get back... The law isn't on your side in this matter...

MG

Hey Mo, just a question how is it your time when you are told to go and it has to be logged as on duty?:nutkick:

These tests are federally mandated and required by the dept of transportation. We here at FxFe get paid 1 hour for such tests and physicals are paid for as long as it takes, just my 2 cents for you guys, keep up the good fight.

Law suit

Yea...lets sue OUR place of employment while the economy is slow so maybe they will go bankrupt and close the doors...yea sounds like a good flamin idea....:nutkick: :chairshot: :1036316054: :tongue0002:

I don't think anyone is jumping on the "law suit" bandwagon as of yet, but it's always an option. Class action law suits usually require no out of pocket expense for the parties named as plaintifs, and most law firms will not initiate the procedure unless they have a pretty good chance of winning as they usually are awarded a percentage of the judgement. We could always "shop" around and see if anyone bites.
As far as being concerned over non-compensation for doing the bidding of others is a long ongoing debate seen here in this forum. When you look at the total amount of time many of us spend at these tests you'd think that there should at least be a flat rate. If you don't know what senior executives are making go to these links and check it out. then come back and tell me that your time isn't worth anything! SEC Info - Con-way Inc - 8-K - For 1/31/07
Executive PayWatch Database

I don't think anyone is jumping on the "law suit" bandwagon as of yet, but it's always an option. Class action law suits usually require no out of pocket expense for the parties named as plaintifs, and most law firms will not initiate the procedure unless they have a pretty good chance of winning as they usually are awarded a percentage of the judgement. We could always "shop" around and see if anyone bites.
As far as being concerned over non-compensation for doing the bidding of others is a long ongoing debate seen here in this forum. When you look at the total amount of time many of us spend at these tests you'd think that there should at least be a flat rate. If you don't know what senior executives are making go to these links and check it out. then come back and tell me that your time isn't worth anything! SEC Info - Con-way Inc - 8-K - For 1/31/07
Executive PayWatch Database
That is an excellent POST! This place caters the high & mighty well the workers get shafted out of two hours, but lets say we get paid in the future. Is it worth it to lose your 500 mile run and get a short for takin` a whiz?

That is an excellent POST! This place caters the high & mighty well the workers get shafted out of two hours, but lets say we get paid in the future. Is it worth it to lose your 500 mile run and get a short for takin` a whiz?
Read and study what you want to do as far as lawsuits. In this life you have to choose what battles you want to fight and the ones that you do not want to fight. Win the war before you go to your first battle. I`m not telling anyone what to do, there are ways to fight the drug test as in the portal to portal act, but do you want to tie up time and money to fight it? Like MG said, is the 200 bucks worth it?

Read and study what you want to do as far as lawsuits. In this life you have to choose what battles you want to fight and the ones that you do not want to fight. Win the war before you go to your first battle. I`m not telling anyone what to do, there are ways to fight the drug test as in the portal to portal act, but do you want to tie up time and money to fight it? Like MG said, is the 200 bucks worth it?
I don`t know if this is a battle worth fighting. But I figure if they get paid for it we should too! You know, this company really loves to waste money, and the only solution is do not idle the truck!