Averitt | Rant !!

We have a couple of little boys that run out of our yard that are always brushing on their tractors. I'm at tbe house by yhe time they get done. If that's the way they choose to spend their free time, by all means have at it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

So what? Time doesn't equal experience or professionalism.

Guardrail
That is absurd! My dad is 71 years old, and was a driver all his life.There is no one I would feel more comfortable about putting behind the wheel. Washing a daycab that some city driver runs through every mudhole in Georgia, does not make you a professional, it makes you seem a little crazy.

It's hard to get motivated to washing your ride at the end of the week and it's in the middle to high 90's, TURN THE TRUCKWASHES and POWERWASHERS NEAL STREET.....What's with the FEDEX responses over here...Does Uncle Fred and Gary got something up their sleaves?

That is absurd! My dad is 71 years old, and was a driver all his life.There is no one I would feel more comfortable about putting behind the wheel. Washing a daycab that some city driver runs through every mudhole in Georgia, does not make you a professional, it makes you seem a little crazy.

Cutswah wins the prize for getting it. More than I can say for some others.

ltl lifer, since you don't seem to follow very well, I'll spell it out simple for you.

You'll get over cleaning the company's truck for free one day when you realize that nobody, including me, is impressed.

That's the difference between a steering wheel holder and a professional driver; you think it's for someone else to be impressed. I know that the only reason I clean my truck is for me.

I was holding wheels when you were having your diapers changed most likely.
So what? Time doesn't equal experience or professionalism.

There should have been an always between doesn’t and equal. It should read…

So what? Time doesn't always equal experience or professionalism.

Meaning? You can “drive” a truck all your adult life but professionalism and experience are learned. Some never learn.

I'm sure alot of other T/L drivers are tired of being spoken to in a condesending,arrogant,and often sarcastic manner. I am fed up with these people and will NO LONGER put up with it. QUOTE]
I'm aware of one complaint that was filed last week in writing against a lady on night's (t/l dispatch) just for that EXACT reason. A bit of advice, if you have an issue, put it in writing and let it go up the chain, dont send it to only your flt mgr, he could often care less, and even if he does care, with 60 plus other drivers to deal with who know's if he will have adequate time to take care of the matter. every mgr in averitt has an email addy, they all follow the same format with first initial and last name @averittexpress. and dont forget you have tools to use via the insideaveritt site, nothing may happen but the one time they place a complaint against you I'm sure it will be in your file, remain professional, use the tools, at least you and every other driver will have some type of support to your arguements if things escalate.

ltl lifer, since you don't seem to follow very well, I'll spell it out simple for you.

Meaning? You can “drive” a truck all your adult life but professionalism and experience are learned. Some never learn.

You know what I follow very well professor Einstein? You are a trouble maker and I truly don't understand how you were ever able to become a moderator. You think that you can travel all over tuckingboards and stir up trouble?

I'll put my experience, knowledge and driving skills up against yours any day. I am also excellent at spotting frauds from a mile away and I see that the one that belongs in FedExFrt can't deal over there instead comes over here.

Your words and what you think are intelligence simply bore me. But if it makes you feel real big, mr. moderator, then continue to rattle on. Better yet, go wash your white tractor.

You think that you can travel all over tuckingboards and stir up trouble?

Yes, there are no rules against posting in forums other than the one you drive for. If you call printing an opinion that differs from yours, stirring up trouble, then yes to the second part of your question.

Truck washing, especially company rides, is always a hot topic no matter what color the truck is painted. I figured I'd come over and give my opinion. With your attitude toward outside opinions, the Averitt board will remain dead. Do you think everyone who posts on the FedEx Freight board drivers there? Not by a long shot.

I'll put my experience, knowledge and driving skills up against yours any day.

Nobody is debating your driving ability. I'm sure you are a splendid sight to behold. You just like to drive a dirty truck.

Think about how the motoring public views you with their non-trucking minds. When they see a filthy red truck in their side window, the name on the door doesn't register. The filthy truck does. They don't know who is supposed to wash the truck, they just see you behind the wheel.

I am also excellent at spotting frauds from a mile away and I see that the one that belongs in FedExFrt can't deal over there instead comes over here.

That statement has no merit. You don't know me and I doubt I would ever want to know you. I try to surround myself with positive people which you are not. I "deal" very well in the Freight forum. I "deal" very well on several message boards besides this one.

Your words and what you think are intelligence simply bore me.

I'm not sure how to respond to that statement since I'm not sure what it means.

But if it makes you feel real big, mr. moderator, then continue to rattle on. Better yet, go wash your white tractor.

It doesn't make me feel big, or any other size for that matter. I enjoy communicating with other drivers and non-drivers. I also enjoy driving a clean truck so I will continue to wash my truck off at any company that I choose to work at.

I guess that one day, I may reach an intelligence level that equals yours. Until then, I'm done engaging in your little pissin' match. As for knowing me, the feeling is mutual.

I guess that one day, I may reach an intelligence level that equals yours. Until then, I'm done engaging in your little pissin' match.

I didn't know we were having an intelligence competition. I thought we were discussing the merits of washing a company owned vehicle. Had I know it was some sort of competition, I might have prepared by reading something. I also might not have posted after consuming the Captain and Coke Zero Vanilla I am so fond of drinking on occasion. Gotta' keep the edge sharp in an intelligence competition.

As for knowing me, the feeling is mutual.

So even you would want to know yourself, huh?

It's been fun. You may now go back to your boring life full of dirty things. Have a good 'un.

Lifer be reminded that Guardrail is a highly respected Moderator and he is welcome anywhere he goes and has a right to his opinion in any of those forums he visits. The fact that he works for Fedex is a non-issue.

You surely made a bad call on that one sir. A troublemaker and damn proud of it. I guess when you make 54+ cents per mile you turn into such a smart guy. I'll call him what he is...a f'ng jerk.

I once thought Fedex was a dream job, but man with this merger I learned that with corporate giants the fallout of one decision is catastrophic. I personally know of three guys whose lives have changed drastically. We are talking upper 40 year old line haul drivers forced to move then work the dock or quit. I thank God daily for what I have here at Averitt and understand that things could change tomorrow, no one is immune.

You surely made a bad call on that one sir. A troublemaker and damn proud of it. I guess when you make 54+ cents per mile you turn into such a smart guy. I'll call him what he is...a f'ng jerk.

So like any child, you resort to name calling. Your parents must be proud. Why would you say I'm a jerk? Is it because I disagreed with your opinion and you got your panties in a knot? Is it because I tried to carry on an intelligent conversation with you and you couldn't keep up? Hell, if being smart is a bad trait in your book, maybe you should re-evaluate your values.

How is disagreeing with you being a troublemaker? You must reveal to everyone how that correlation came about in your mind.

Oh, wait...
I guess that one day, I may reach an intelligence level that equals yours. Until then, I'm done engaging in your little pissin' match.

Did you reach a higher intelligence level or was that previous statement you made a little premature? I'm just askin'.

And you talk about ME name calling. Quite sure all on Avrt forum have seen what you are made of as have I. You talk out of both sides of your mouth. You can name call left and right while accusing others of doing the same.

Yeah, you are a jerk. And, I am done reading and responding to your mindless sophomoric bantering. Speaking of proud parents.

Go wash yours truck mister fraud. Your true colors have been displayed for all of my colleagues to see. Have a nice life

CM, why dont you move all the conversation between me and this clown to another topic and out of the rant topic. It doesn't need to be in here. Make the topic truck wash our something. There he can practice his tourettes and not gum up the rant topic