Averitt | Rant !!

msA1NJ8.jpg

My neighbor gave me this article many years ago when I lived in Hendersonville Tn...

It has been dead for years, nothing to whine about anymore I suppose.
Let’s not go that far. After March 1st when the freight rates increase we may all be whining. We aren’t keeping all of our current associates busy as it is but some in corporate think we need to lose more customers by increasing rates again. Last year’s increase hurt but increased profits, this time I’m not so sure we will enjoy the results.

Let’s not go that far. After March 1st when the freight rates increase we may all be whining. We aren’t keeping all of our current associates busy as it is but some in corporate think we need to lose more customers by increasing rates again. Last year’s increase hurt but increased profits, this time I’m not so sure we will enjoy the results.
Less freight and more revenue ? Sounds like a win !But wait we truckers know so much more than our corporate decision makers, it is all about you and me !
:lmao:

I have logged only a couple of times since I retired 31 December 2015. I don't miss the industry one bit. I still look the trucks over when I see them, don't see many ragged out trls or tractors. Only news for me is that I had By-Pass surgery (5) last October. As you get older get a heart scan every year...I had a Widow Maker. You All Be Good

I have logged only a couple of times since I retired 31 December 2015. I don't miss the industry one bit. I still look the trucks over when I see them, don't see many ragged out trls or tractors. Only news for me is that I had By-Pass surgery (5) last October. As you get older get a heart scan every year...I had a Widow Maker. You All Be Good
Hope you have healed up well. After I retired from Averitt, I moved on to other ventures that did NOT include big trucks and night driving. Looking back I don't know how I ever did it.
Almost 6 years removed from Averitt and I also don't miss it one bit. Whenever I happen upon one of those red trucks I get flashbacks.
My life has so improved and i jump on here when I get a notification in my email but it appears not much going on.

I retired in 2013 more like quit...my last 5 years I was completely burnt out especially after the EOBR’s came on board...I suffered more sleep deprivation in the last 3 years than my previous 23 years combined because of them...

KNX was one of my favorite yards...good shop, truck wash that actually knocked off road grime and fantastic private showers...dock was dangerous as most docks are...some docks are like crossing the track at the Daytona 500 race...
Track? Are you saying there is a RR crossing on the track @ Daytona? von.