Averitt | Rant !!

I'm tired of catching all the crap loads, because some driver whines to his fm.
I'm tired of sweeping out trls, because some lazy puke won't get his/her fat butt in gear and do it after they mt.
I'm tired of getting passed by RED RACERS and they don't even bother to wave.

SEE this is what I meant:hissyfit:

:hissyfit: This is getting old quick!, after delivering 2 Tuesday morning stops (Lady Lake,Ocoee Fl) I get a dispatch: Go over to the Port of Tampa and p/u a load of oil for Hazlehust MS. When I get it loaded and scaled/axled out, I get another msg, take it to ORL and drop it. SAY WHAT! I do all the work, spend MY money to scale, fight Tampa and Orlando rush hr traffic and some other driver gets the 662pd miles. This is getting to be a normal occurance, the same thing happened last Fri to me in LA.

:hissyfit: This is getting old quick!, after delivering 2 Tuesday morning stops (Lady Lake,Ocoee Fl) I get a dispatch: Go over to the Port of Tampa and p/u a load of oil for Hazlehust MS. When I get it loaded and scaled/axled out, I get another msg, take it to ORL and drop it. SAY WHAT! I do all the work, spend MY money to scale, fight Tampa and Orlando rush hr traffic and some other driver gets the 662pd miles. This is getting to be a normal occurance, the same thing happened last Fri to me in LA.
You do get compensated for your scale tickets, do you not? If I scale one (haven't in several years), I fill out an expense report and i get the $$ back. However I am taxed on it as compensation so a $9 scale ticket is reimbursed at about $8.80.

Rant---> pay us practical miles on all loads. We are told to follow the routing given to us and recommended fuel stops, and I am sure there are guys following it to a "T", but still getting paid short miles on all loads except LTL loads. Seems like if they give you a route to follow they should pay you the miles of that route.

Except for your off duty time, you should be paid for every mile that your tractor rolls every week, no exceptions.

Well I can imagine a miserable life with no hope, plus the fact that an atheist would spend eternity in hell seperated from God, but if an atheist truly doesn't believe in God then that would be ok, they think.

I might I add, there will be no atheist's in hell, they will all have seen what they have denied. That sounds harsh and I am saddened that anyone would chose that route. But God will not force himself on anyone, we have a choice. I just praise God that in April 1991 I chose to follow Christ. Everything changed that day, it was all new. My family, my job, my attitude, my speech the way I treat others, everything changed. If it wasn't for His Spirit living in me and controlling my life, I would never make it. If there was not a Heaven waiting for me I would still follow and serve Christ Jesus, he means everything to me. The neatest thing I love about the Jesus Christ centered life is that I have a love for all mankind, and that is not dependent on if they love me or not.

Well I can imagine a miserable life with no hope, plus the fact that an atheist would spend eternity in hell seperated from God, but if an atheist truly doesn't believe in God then that would be ok, they think.

That's not a very nice God you have there Iceman...

:clapping:
How do you know have you ever been in a foxhole with an Atheist...

no i have not and i am glad that i never had that chance! i think you missed the point. iceman and i dont agree on very much but we do on this. GOD has been there for me in so many ways! for me it is too much to recall. when you are dealing with something that you can not handle youeself GOD will always be there for you. i know and i can say i have had that chance. there is nothing he can not handle. you only need to seek him.

For an "atheist" to be allowed into heaven would be hell for him or her. How fun would it be to hate God and His children all their lives and then have to spend eternity in a perfect place surrounded by God's children ? Some day every "atheist" will have to face a living God, and then God will say, not my will, but yours.

Ready for a new truck, my Volvo is getting weaker and weaker.
Mine rolled 769k last night. I am taking care of it and resist sending it to shop for nit-pick stuff. The more it is in the shop, the more it shows up on the screen and I don't want to give them ANY excuse to pull it and stick me in one of those dog-crap freightliners. I would have to then consider my options. The thought of having to drive one of those dogs every night is anything but appealing to me.