Averitt | Rant !!

But then again if you show up at the "Chicken Coops" with a filthy trk,windows you can barely see out of, crap all over the dash, your chances of going around the back for a LOOK SEE are greatly increased!

I think I use to meet this guy and his son on a daytime meet at Eutaw Alabama.Very professional always had T's crossed and I's dotted.nice guy.

I went in this morning in the daylight. My tractor is just about as nasty as it has ever been. Why should I spend MY time cleaning it to have some city bimbo take it out and mess up my hard work? Truckload, city, dedicated, team don't have to worry about others driving their trucks. But the shuttle drivers can't even get their trucks fixed without a city monkey coming to get it. If I could clean it, park it, and nobody else were to drive it...it would be clean and would last 2 million miles. Since it is used as a pass around pack, it can turn black...IMHO.

cleaned the inside last week. Then during the week, the city monkey gets in it, leaves his left over lunch crumbs, cans, wrappers, sporks all over the place. Used napkins in the cubby hole under the radio and tried successfully to see how many times he could twiist the cord on the qualcomm. Nary a window washed on the outside after driving through bug heaven.

After throwing all of his trash on the ground outside my tractor (hell I don't give a rip either), I reported the mess the monkey made. As expected, nobody gives a rats a$$. Happens day in and day out.

I won't do it but I see guys spend their own time scrubbing their rims and even going as far as painting them. If there is a flat on the tractor, the shop just grabs the first tire/rim they see and slap it on there. Don't care one bit what it looks like and most of the time purt an old greasy rim showing out. Real incentive to keep the tractor looking nice.

It should be an Averitt policy that before a new tire is placed on ANY rim, the rim is to be cleaned and painted. No exceptions. Are you listening Corporate? Maintenance? Anyone in Cookeville?

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say KNX won't tolerate drivers trashing up their tractors. We have random inspections and whenever trash is left behind I lay in on our Operation's leader's desk with the name of the last driver. Doesn't happen often.

You have to have a name and in our case, it is hell to find a city driver that signs the VCR book. The supervisors won't give you the name for fear that there will be retaliation. It is a whole different world here.

Lifer..use your camera, take pictures...then send the pictures to GS, saying that leadership at your serctr will not do anything to stop this. What will it hurt?

Lifer..use your camera, take pictures...then send the pictures to GS, saying that leadership at your serctr will not do anything to stop this. What will it hurt?

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do all of that...hence...nobody giving a crap.

Here is a burr under my saddle blanket...The higher paid (more like fairly paid) freight companies that pass me up on the road every night. I guess their companies don't buy into the "green" garbage like AE does. Every night, Cooper, OD, Estes, FXF, UPSF, R&L, SEFL all pass me like clock work. Pisses me off to no end.

Don't feel bad, they do the same to me, until we get into rolling hills or a long grade, then it's:moon2:see your later, especially if I have a LTL on!

I hear you LTL. I have a carpet pad on my drivers side just more comfortable for me when I drive. I got tired of mechanics tracking in grease with their shoes and remove it when I put it in the shop...

Don't feel bad, they do the same to me, until we get into rolling hills or a long grade, then it's:moon2:see your later, especially if I have a LTL on!
The point I was making is that we are stuck rolling barely 65 and the real freight companies are getting on down the hiway. But the the the <Clampetts> (re Beverly Hillbillies) in CKV don't know OR do they care about what kinds of situations we get into and would like to get away from. All they hear is the fraud that is global warming, climate change and green energy crap. They don't have to get out here and deal with it on a nightly basis.

But then look at our ex rockhauler we have for a safety man. That speaks volumes right there.

The point I was making is that we are stuck rolling barely 65 and the real freight companies are getting on down the hiway. But the the the <Clampetts> (re Beverly Hillbillies) in CKV don't know OR do they care about what kinds of situations we get into and would like to get away from. All they hear is the fraud that is global warming, climate change and green energy crap. They don't have to get out here and deal with it on a nightly basis.

But then look at our ex rockhauler we have for a safety man. That speaks volumes right there.
The rockhauler knows it all !!! LOL!! Did you not know that?

I wish you could drive my truck for one turn, you would show them what the right side of a AVRT trk looks like, especially when you get into rolling hills/ long grades! BTW I know of at least 2 FRTLNR single axles that flat out BOOGIE!(HAUL A$$)

You do get compensated for your scale tickets, do you not? If I scale one (haven't in several years), I fill out an expense report and i get the $$ back. However I am taxed on it as compensation so a $9 scale ticket is reimbursed at about $8.80.

Even this isn't right! You should be paid in full for expenses with reciepts. The company should either pay you back from petty cash, or they cut you a check, separate from your paycheck. Or show on your paycheck that this is not income. Sounds like they may owe you a chunk of money if this has gone on for awhile.

In case there are any that are reading this...Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there that keep our little ones and us for that matter in tip top shape. We salute you!

Averitt LOVES for you to do cleaning on their equipment. If you do it for free....well now that's red thinking!....morons
https://www.insideaveritt.com/TWOIA2/2011/01/wk2/BobbyWhite_PrideRide.html

Taking pride in your job makes you a moron? Color me a moron then. I wash my FedEx truck several times a week. My truck is a reflection of me and my job performance. To each his own. If you don't want to, don't wash yours. Don't hate on someone else because they like to look good.