Averitt | Rant !!

I'm not worried about your lil' cork gun. I can handle it. I am a little worried about your phone though. It seems to be making up words that don't exist.

BTW-It's Fedex Freight now.

Guardrail
Your little cork-gun comment is utterly hilarious and also extremely un-original.

I know that and I also know about my phone. It's called Swype and if I am not watching every word, it will invariably misspell words. This usually happens when I am rolling.

I know it's fedex. I worked there for a very brief time back in the 90's when it was AF. Left that level 2 crap hole to come to this level 1 crap hole.

Oh I can hear it now..."If you are so miserable, why don't you leave", etc....I can handle ALL comers. Been doing this for many many years. Ain't much I haven't done or experienced.

So wander into our sandbox any time you wish. Beware of the little Boston Terrier turds though. LOL

notice the pete wheels on the freightshaker

Notice the uniformed buffoon wasting his time scrubbing on Gary's truck...for free! The one thing that is missing is the little girlie shorts that make most "associates" look about as gay as they come. I just can't picture myself going out in public with those little f&g shorts on. They should be banned. But it fits our image of ridiculousness.

Lifer, we can't picture you going out in shorts either. Put your reading glasses on and you will see that I am sporting our flat front uniform shorts. This was taken last Summer at the ENC yard where temps. were near the 100 mark each day. How do you know Gary A. ( aka Grease Monkey)? He actually spells his name with two r's. And I was just trying to keep it as clean as it was when I took it out earlier this week, leave it like i found it is my motto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lifer be reminded that Guardrail is a highly respected Moderator and he is welcome anywhere he goes and has a right to his opinion in any of those forums he visits. The fact that he works for Fedex is a non-issue.
That road does run both ways right? He may be well respected but it does not always make that person right. I have always found it hard to say much if you never have walked in that persons shoes before. Just because you may work at one company does not mean that you know all about another. Heck i dont always like the way some put down city drivers , there is good and bad in all and a driver that will tell you he or she has never torn something up or has never bumped into anything will allways make me raise an eyebrow. When i was at ENC i saw alot of good and bad in city,linehaul and truckload. It all dpends on the person and how much pride they have in themselves. And if you really stop and think about it do we really know thsat much about eachother other than than what we read here? I took it upon myself to get to know a driver that we were at odds at just about everything and found out through talking to him we really aint that different after all. Life is to short folks and that is something i really do know about. Hope yall have a safe trip to wherever you go and may GOD be with you.

That road does run both ways right? He may be well respected but it does not always make that person right.

You won't find me commenting on anything internal about a company that I haven't worked for. Washing a company truck is pretty interchangeable no matter the company. There will always be pigs, clean freaks and those in between.

Guardrail

I think you just admitted texting (typing) while driving.

Guardrail
I can vouch for the fact that most cell phones nowadays seem to take on a life of their own and do whatever the heck they feel like doing, whether their owner is driving or not.

Lifer, we can't picture you going out in shorts either. Put your reading glasses on and you will see that I am sporting our flat front uniform shorts. This was taken last Summer at the ENC yard where temps. were near the 100 mark each day. How do you know Gary A. ( aka Grease Monkey)? He actually spells his name with two r's. And I was just trying to keep it as clean as it was when I took it out earlier this week, leave it like i found it is my motto.

Tbe gary that I was referring to is the one that has lost all control of this once great company.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

That road does run both ways right? He may be well respected but it does not always make that person right. I have always found it hard to say much if you never have walked in that persons shoes before. Just because you may work at one company does not mean that you know all about another. Heck i dont always like the way some put down city drivers , there is good and bad in all and a driver that will tell you he or she has never torn something up or has never bumped into anything will allways make me raise an eyebrow. When i was at ENC i saw alot of good and bad in city,linehaul and truckload. It all dpends on the person and how much pride they have in themselves. And if you really stop and think about it do we really know thsat much about eachother other than than what we read here? I took it upon myself to get to know a driver that we were at odds at just about everything and found out through talking to him we really aint that different after all. Life is to short folks and that is something i really do know about. Hope yall have a safe trip to wherever you go and may GOD be with you.
Yoi know the city drivers I speak of. I myself was a city driver for many years. Tks for your support. I am also a cancer survivor.

As everyone one knows, this is a "Trucking Company" in which means the TRUCKS are driven by drivers, so when we have issues during the course of our duties after hours, we contact "Night Dispatch". When we call we expect help in resolution of the problem, we expect to be treated in a respectful manner. This currently is not the case with MANY of the people working there, I and I'm sure alot of other T/L drivers are tired of being spoken to in a condesending,arrogant,and often sarcastic manner. I am fed up with these people and will NO LONGER put up with it. Neal street you have only ONE person working Night Dispatch who is worth anything "DONNA", many of the rest DO NOT HAVE A CLUE, you have one that doe'snt have a clear command of the english language, you have another who needs to be taken out behind the wood shed and given a lesson in manners. GOD help you if these people are made Fleet Managers. These people and others like them within AVERITT are why drivers leave!:mad:

I'm so thankful I never have to call Central. But I have heard that they have zero communication skills, some of them that is.

I'm so thankful I never have to call Central. But I have heard that they have zero communication skills, some of them that is.
I seldom have to call them but I do call them from time to time...breakdowns, wrong trailer lined up, T/L pulling a trailer with the wrong placards 1000 miles or so without getting caught without a clue as to what the hell they are pulling, delays enroute because of accidents, etc.

I have found that the people that I deal with in Central (seems to be different people in there every week) are on a power trip. They would be shocked to learn that they could actually learn a lot from the seasoned drivers that they deal with. Instead, they choose to talk down to the drivers...like they are 2nd graders(big seniority and power) talking down to first graders. It annoys and frustrates me to no end. I speak as little to these people as I can. If I see they are making a blatant mistake (such as running a southbound load north), give me the bills. You guys are the wizards of smart, lead by the king of incompetence and condescension, Mike F. You say pull it, I'm pulling it. I have no intention of being your eyes or your check valve.

Sadly I believe that they have their "guard" up each time the phone ring. I think it comes from dealing with new TL and Combo drivers that are clueless about our operation, which is not their fault. And too I'm sure they have the guys that call alot questioning their every move, and I'm know some are not polite to begin with. So, I think all new drivers should have a "mentor" assigned to them that they could call whenever they have a question, that would save alot of calls to Central with easy questions that I could answer. Maybe they need an extra hour or two at orientation on how to communicate with Central. But most importantly new Central dispatchers should have more communication skill training. Therefore I seldom ever call Central, and never question their judgement, they sit behind the screen, I sit behind the wheel. I was spoken to rudely one night and asked to speak to the supervisor on duty, it was Heather. She was busy but I asked for 5 minutes to vent and she listened and was extremely nice and respectful.

You won't find me commenting on anything internal about a company that I haven't worked for. Washing a company truck is pretty interchangeable no matter the company. There will always be pigs, clean freaks and those in between.

Guardrail
The picture (avatar) pretty much sums it up for me. Be safe out there driver and may GOD get you to and from safely!

The avatar is temporary and a joke to two people.

Just for you lifer - Here's Lisa, my candy striper company ride after I spent 45 free minutes cleaning her up.

702718173_photobucket_66685_.jpg

Guardrail

Last edited by a moderator:
The avatar is temporary and a joke to two people.

Just for you lifer - Here's Lisa, my candy striper company ride after I spent 45 free minutes cleaning her up.

702718173_photobucket_66685_.jpg

Guardrail
I'd post a photo of mine but who cares. It can be found sitting on line for 5 minutes every day. It's the one that is nasty. Windows are clean for the most part.

AE doesn't wash my car and I don't wash their truck. You'll get over cleaning the company's truck for free one day when you realize that nobody, including me, is impressed.

You'll get over cleaning the company's truck for free one day when you realize that nobody, including me, is impressed.

That's the difference between a steering wheel holder and a professional driver; you think it's for someone else to be impressed. I know that the only reason I clean my truck is for me.

Guardrail

That's the difference between a steering wheel holder and a professional driver; you think it's for someone else to be impressed. I know that the only reason I clean my truck is for me.

Guardrail
I was holding wheels when you were having your diapers changed most likely.