Averitt | Rant !!

We ? Is there a mouse in your pocket? My Shuttle salary makes my life more than comfortable, kid in college, nice cars, more square feet of living space than I need
If I lived in Bugtussle Tn. where the cost of living is zilch, I would think I had it made also.

and the several thousand's of dollars I give to support my church, missionaries and the less fortunate.
You ARE kidding right?

And by the way, you make alot more than I do.
We both make the same, it is the runs we have that offer the difference in miles. We are both paid way below industry norms, even with this magnificent pay raise we just received.

CM, you buy the propaganda from these guys but 95% of us that are not based in Shangri La know that we work for an absolute joke. Oh yeah, my imminent departure is not going to happen, at least for the foreseeable future.

1)Bugtussle Tn, true. 2)Kidding about being generous with what God has blessed me with, Absolutely not kidding, it's all His anyways, I'm just a earthly vessel entrusted to use it wisely and invest in the Kingdom of God.3) My Christian world view allows me to see my job as a gift from God, my employment is a part of the plan and I am totally content with my job, even to the level of loving it more and more as the days go by. It's called Kingdom Living, and it is very peaceful might I add.Sorry to hear that your possible new endeavor fell through. I'm done preaching now.:soapbox:

My week back from Vacation...P/U Palm Coast fl on Mon Morn...Delvr Ft Walton Beach Fl Tues morn 0730...Mt 0830...sat on side of street until 1700...drove 35 miles to rest area on I10 Milton fl...camped out for night...0900 Weds dispatch to Samson AL P/U load of peanuts for Louisville Ky, shpr will not load trl..HOLES IN SEAM OF ROOF, will fix for $20, pay the $20,get receipt and OK from breakdown, delvr same load to Louisville next morning 0730,raining...no MT's...0830 tired of waiting for ok to BT to AVRT LOU....BT to LOU arrive 0930,....1800 no load 'F' it going to bed...Friday morn got dispatch....P/U load at Avrt LOU 2130 delvr Avrt NOR Sat 0430.....WRONG!!!!! sent standin flt mgr msg...try again.. I've been here since 0930 YESTERDAY...got NEW load assignment P/U Brandenberg KY 1700-2200 delvr Winterhaven Fl on Monday 1000...Wrong!!!Called shipper!!!!1000..LOAD IS READY come and get it....Arrive ORL 11/5/11 1500 1950 miles for week(6) days.....Yeah BIG RED....HIRE SOME MORE DRIVERS to fill truck seats...while the rest of us STARVE! KUDO"S to LOU SHOP in and out in 45 min for minor APU ISSUES....LOU SERCTR director needs to grow a pair and lay down the law as far as parking trls and bob tail sleepers on lot, I saw some of the poorest excuses for drivers I've ever seen both T/L and Sleeper Shuttle. Just plain STUPID!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My week back from Vacation...P/U Palm Coast fl on Mon Morn...Delvr Ft Walton Beach Fl Tues morn 0730...Mt 0830...sat on side of street until 1700...drove 35 miles to rest area on I10 Milton fl...camped out for night...0900 Weds dispatch to Samson AL P/U load of peanuts for Louisville Ky, shpr will not load trl..HOLES IN SEAM OF ROOF, will fix for $20, pay the $20,get receipt and OK from breakdown, delvr same load to Louisville next morning 0730,raining...no MT's...0830 tired of waiting for ok to BT to AVRT LOU....BT to LOU arrive 0930,....1800 no load 'F' it going to bed...Friday morn got dispatch....P/U load at Avrt LOU 2130 delvr Avrt NOR Sat 0430.....WRONG!!!!! sent standin flt mgr msg...try again.. I've been here since 0930 YESTERDAY...got NEW load assignment P/U Brandenberg KY 1700-2200 delvr Winterhaven Fl on Monday 1000...Wrong!!!Called shipper!!!!1000..LOAD IS READY come and get it....Arrive ORL 11/5/11 1500 1950 miles for week(6) days.....Yeah BIG RED....HIRE SOME MORE DRIVERS to fill truck seats...while the rest of us STARVE! KUDO"S to LOU SHOP in and out in 45 min for minor APU ISSUES....LOU SERCTR director needs to grow a pair and lay down the law as far as parking trls and bob tail sleepers on lot, I saw some of the poorest excuses for drivers I've ever seen both T/L and Sleeper Shuttle. Just plain STUPID!!!!!

Flipping burgers and making shakes at McD's on Fri. and are the most experienced T/L fleet mgr. and/or coordinator on Monday. Zero surprises here. This is the wonderful 3rd tier company we work for.

Want to stay on top of the latest updates from our team? If you’re on Facebook, just visit our page at Facebook.com/AverittExpress and click on the “Like” button!

And if you know someone who would make a good Averitt teammate, they can learn more about available positions on our new recruiting page at Facebook.com/AverittCareers.

Remember: Facebook is a closed site on our network, so you’ll need to visit our page only from home.

I find this to be absolutely hilarious. There is not a chinaman's chance that I would EVER do this.

Update: Just went over to the site. Saw all the happy and smiling "associate" faces giving kudos and there were comments made by the big house Let's see, Facebook was introduced 7.5 years ago, it is pushing a billion members and AE just now got on the train? Really? AVeritt, as with everything they do, has arrived at the dance a tad too late.

It's about time they created a FB page, I liked it of course, seems whoever in corporate that is the administrator of it is doing a great job.

It's about time they created a FB page, I liked it of course, seems whoever in corporate that is the administrator of it is doing a great job.
A little puppet doing what puppets do....being VERY controlled in what they say by the chief puppeteers. I saw where you "Like"d it. Not me. A day late and a dollar short...as always. Why should I like something that I don't like?

I see in the weekly propaganda rag that is emailed to us that Pam R in Central Disp. received a 25 year service award. The fact that she has been here for 25 years speaks volumes to me and should to all others.

Talked to a friend who drives for one of the real freight lines, not a wannabe like Averitt. They get paid for every minute they are at the job. They say show up at 2200 and their load is not ready, they get $24 per hour until their load is ready. Yhey report off route miles, they get paid for them, they break down, they are paid $24 per hour until they are up and rolling. Meetings...$24 per hour. They have to wait, they get paid at a rate of $24 until their load shows up....AS IT SHOULD BE. They also do the same job as we do and make north of $0.60 per mile! Their run gets cut and they stay home....8 hours @ $24 per hour and you go back to the house. With all of the ****-poor planning or lack thereof from this outfit, maybe having that stipulation in their face would force them to make much wiser decisions.

These circus clowns at Averitt don't want to pay a decent mileage or hourly rate much less for the extras that we all do. And because we do it, they take FULL advantage.

Listen up Corperate and SERCTR Directors, we into T/L need to have TOP NOTCH trls to do our jobs! That is the late model 9xxx,10xxx,11xxx,12xxx,13xxx,511xxx,512xxx, and 517xxx swing doors. If you need trls to STORE RACKS,CARDBOARD,freight and pallets, how about using the 533xxx,8xxx and early 9xxx trls! The same can be said for P&D use. I highly doubt that you have ever had to slide the tandems on a 40k+ load, in the rain ,at night, in a mud parking lot, by yourself! We have many customers that require trls without holes in the roofs or wood walls.
The trls that have the inflation systems are very desirable as they reduce blowouts. MR maintenance GURU at Corperate....you should DIRECT your shops to reconnect these systems as we have many trls missing them. How about directing the YARD JOCKEYs to connect the electrical cords when moving a trl at night, that way the chances of damaging equipment when backing in are greatly reduced. How about having the P&D guys set the axles on their trls to the 41ft mark before putting them into the dock.

Listen up Corperate and SERCTR Directors, we into T/L need to have TOP NOTCH trls to do our jobs! That is the late model 9xxx,10xxx,11xxx,12xxx,13xxx,511xxx,512xxx, and 517xxx swing doors. If you need trls to STORE RACKS,CARDBOARD,freight and pallets, how about using the 533xxx,8xxx and early 9xxx trls! The same can be said for P&D use. I highly doubt that you have ever had to slide the tandems on a 40k+ load, in the rain ,at night, in a mud parking lot, by yourself! We have many customers that require trls without holes in the roofs or wood walls.
The trls that have the inflation systems are very desirable as they reduce blowouts. MR maintenance GURU at Corperate....you should DIRECT your shops to reconnect these systems as we have many trls missing them. How about directing the YARD JOCKEYs to connect the electrical cords when moving a trl at night, that way the chances of damaging equipment when backing in are greatly reduced. How about having the P&D guys set the axles on their trls to the 41ft mark before putting them into the dock.
I get your point but I bet corp. couldn't care less.

If you need trls to STORE RACKS,CARDBOARD,freight and pallets, how about using the 533xxx,8xxx and early 9xxx trls!

HA I delivered an LTL load to one of our smaller yards a while back. There were no empty TL trailers on the yard but plenty of empty roll up door LTL trailers. I go to the dock to see if they have any TL trailers empty. As I look into an empty TL trailer I ask them if I can have this one. "Oh NO we use that for rack storage"

Don't you just love it, when there are many mt 53xxx trls on the yard,and many newer T/L trls in the dock, go ask for one and you are told no you can't have one. They tell you that there are swings on the yard....sure is.... 638xxx and 639xxx peices of junk. Don't you just LOVE it when they put 1 or 2 pallets of freight on a T/L trl then drop it on the yard...to hold it for their use!

HA I delivered an LTL load to one of our smaller yards a while back. There were no empty TL trailers on the yard but plenty of empty roll up door LTL trailers. I go to the dock to see if they have any TL trailers empty. As I look into an empty TL trailer I ask them if I can have this one. "Oh NO we use that for rack storage"
And yolur response should have been "Well I guess you will have to find a different trailer to use for rack storage because as of right now that trailer will be performing a totally different function"! COME IN!

Don't you just love it, when there are many mt 53xxx trls on the yard,and many newer T/L trls in the dock, go ask for one and you are told no you can't have one. They tell you that there are swings on the yard....sure is.... 638xxx and 639xxx peices of junk. Don't you just LOVE it when they put 1 or 2 pallets of freight on a T/L trl then drop it on the yard...to hold it for their use!
Hook to it, back to the dock, tell one of the highly trained associates that you need to have 2 pallets pulled off. Procedure is performed and you are on your merry way! They ask what the freight is, tell them some BS. They can figure it out.

Hook to it, back to the dock, tell one of the highly trained associates that you need to have 2 pallets pulled off. Procedure is performed and you are on your merry way! They ask what the freight is, tell them some BS. They can figure it out.
Sounds like a good idea...but in reality, they say they need it and they blow you off...biggest culprits...DAL,HOU,NAS and KNX!

Sounds like a good idea...but in reality, they say they need it and they blow you off...biggest culprits...DAL,HOU,NAS and KNX!
You know how to operate a forklift or pallet jack? Back it to the dock, act like you know exactly what you are ding, and unload it yourself, then pull out. DOn't talk to anyone. This is if they have put 2 pallets on a trailer in the yard.