Averitt | Rant !!

Listen up Corperate and SERCTR Directors, we into T/L need to have TOP NOTCH trls to do our jobs! That is the late model 9xxx,10xxx,11xxx,12xxx,13xxx,511xxx,512xxx, and 517xxx swing doors. If you need trls to STORE RACKS,CARDBOARD,freight and pallets, how about using the 533xxx,8xxx and early 9xxx trls! The same can be said for P&D use. I highly doubt that you have ever had to slide the tandems on a 40k+ load, in the rain ,at night, in a mud parking lot, by yourself! We have many customers that require trls without holes in the roofs or wood walls.
The trls that have the inflation systems are very desirable as they reduce blowouts. MR maintenance GURU at Corperate....you should DIRECT your shops to reconnect these systems as we have many trls missing them. How about directing the YARD JOCKEYs to connect the electrical cords when moving a trl at night, that way the chances of damaging equipment when backing in are greatly reduced. How about having the P&D guys set the axles on their trls to the 41ft mark before putting them into the dock.

No one is going to think about what age the trailer is that they store stuff on, the yard or dock guy just threw it on the empty that was there and available and then off to do the next task. In the "averitt world" they think every trailer and honestly each trailer should be mechanically operational to do the task or in the shop. That's just a part of the job that wont change.

Oh my, I received a little homemade video Christmas card from Averitt in my email today. I wonder how much AE paid someone (on the clock) to put together this thing?

Well when the site relaunched over a year ago I couldn't recover my old user name so I created this one then got locked out of this user name for some reason. I tried in vain to get help from the admins with absolutely no help at all. Then I recreated 1tt1 got logged off for some reason and requested a password reminder when I got it it gave me the password for the fity user name. So on my lap top its "fity" and on my home computer its "1tt1" go figure I can't...

This is akin to dealing with our safety department. Talk till you're blue in the face (or red in AE lingo) and get nowhere fast.

"I tried in vain to get help from the admins with absolutely no help at all" This is the first I have heard about it, didn't try too hard it appears.

Happy Happy and Merry Merry to all of the Averitt Peeps.

Just know that the wannabes in corp just cringe at the thought of having to pay us for not working for 2 days. But I shall enjoy just the same. Any day NOT spent in a red truck is an excellent day!

Let me explain my like to your comment, I agree and accept the first half. But the last half I must respectfully disagree and say that has to be the saddest thought I can ever remember you posting. If you think Corporate even flinches at the thought of generously giving us an average of 750.00 in holiday pay as a gift in the next two weeks you have flipped your lid. Estes took back a couple of holiday's with pay a few years back. This year is a prime example how Averitt could do the same, both holidays fall on a weekend and would not disrupt our freight schedule one bit. They could easily have us on call without pay, but they chose not to and I say thank you very much ! And I know before anyone says it, everything will be closed, but Averitt is not obligated to pay us, remember the handbook that alot of folks criticize? Holidays are in there too and could be subject to change. I would hate to think as you gather with your family on Friday and Monday that you would gleem over the thoughts that you think our VP's are crying the blues thinking of lost revenue, plum crazy to say the least. Lifer, I pray for you on a regular basis and my Christmas prayer is and will be that this will be the year that you realize and accept the true meaning of Christmas, and don't give me that Jewish belief -ism crutch that you have pulled before. If it wasn't for Jesus's first coming in Bethlehem we would have this season to celebrate in the first place. I wish you could just get a glimpse of the true life of a spirit filled life that comes with a relationship with Christ, so peaceful and rewarding to say the least. It's not about rules, it is a true relationship. Merry Christmas my friend and a Happy New Year !

They could pull those days this is true. However, since they tend to follow all of the others they feel obligated to pay us 2 days. Since you don't know my past you won't understand but I have heard the chatter from the shirts about "there are only x # of days in this month because of the holiday and we really need to control costs, blah blah blah. Yes, OD pays 1 day for Thanksgiving while we get 2. Am I glad we get 2 days for each holiday?...you betcha. That coupled with vacation will make for a much needed break.

Keep your jesus stuff to yourself. If this concept makes you happy by all means go for it but I don't care to hear it with every breath you take. You and I view this differently and I am not going to sit here and start believing a myth simply because you say it is so. But since we have had the holiday music shoved down our throat since labor day, I am looking SO SO forward to not hearing it.

And, I like your posts....all of them.

both holidays fall on a weekend and would not disrupt our freight schedule one bit. They could easily have us on call without pay, but they chose not to and I say thank you very much ! And I know before anyone says it, everything will be closed,
Actually we have many customers that are open and shipping friday and have known about freight that needs moved for sat (Christmas Eve) for over a week, but we are shuttling extra empty trailers into those customers that are working so they will have empties to load while we are enjoying our time off and on Tuesday we will bobtail in to pickup all of the freight, AE is eating a lot of bobtail miles plus drivers getting paid to shuttle these empty trailers so the customer is taken care of and drivers are off.

Talked to a team driver tonight that fully expects to NOT get home until Sunday morning. But look at the bright side.... He will get his 450 miles of holiday pay.

Hey Corperate ...Since we keep getting messages about adding fuel additive when tempatures, get below 30, how about having a DECENT hand pump for the drums. The set up at the Nashville fuel bay is a FRIGGIN joke, those crummy rotory pumps don't work,the area around them is a mess, how about some of those desk jocky's get off their behinds over there and FIX THE PROBLEM!

You tell 'em jeepman. They don't have to mess with them so it matters not to them. If they do something different well well......they....may have to spend some money. Things are so tight (not). Maybe they could cash in some of those fuel cards that they are spending a fortune on and buy some decent equipment.

It's interesting all the info I get on Averitt. I read on some boards, and hear from old friends, that Averitt is a pretty darn good place to be for a driver. However, I read posts on here about how bad it is. To add to it, my bf started with Averitt a few months ago and has had nothing but trouble. If it is not trucks breaking down it is sitting for days at time waiting for loads. I'm thinking it is the home terminals that make the difference, but I don't really know. Some drivers are doing well and others are not. Sometimes the drivers fault and other times not.

Well Road Dust sadly as a rule when someone is happy and content they are silent, but the minute they feel mistreated or disgruntled they Google and land here. But that's ok, that what this site is for to vent and praise whenever possible. Me personally working out of Knoxville, an award winning service center with a service center director, ops manager, shop manager and several other key leaders with 20 plus year service at this location. Myself, being a 23 year member went through all the newbie bottom scraping in the beginning and stuck it out and persevered and now am literally floating in a bowl of gravy without a care in the world. But that hasn't come easy, I have worked for everything I have, starting from scratch on the dock and working my way through the ranks to my goal of being a Shuttle Driver.

Well Road Dust sadly as a rule when someone is happy and content they are silent, but the minute they feel mistreated or disgruntled they Google and land here. But that's ok, that what this site is for to vent and praise whenever possible. Me personally working out of Knoxville, an award winning service center with a service center director, ops manager, shop manager and several other key leaders with 20 plus year service at this location. Myself, being a 23 year member went through all the newbie bottom scraping in the beginning and stuck it out and persevered and now am literally floating in a bowl of gravy without a care in the world. But that hasn't come easy, I have worked for everything I have, starting from scratch on the dock and working my way through the ranks to my goal of being a Shuttle Driver.
I admire guys like you who have paid your dues.