Averitt | Rant !!

I watched a poor ole TL driver struggle to back into 28 door this am, he had a couple hundred feet to line up but he honestly pulled up five times ! I tooted my horn when he finally straighten up to inform him he had barn doors, only to get a look of where he wanted me to spend eternity, oh well.
28 door at KNX...is that one of those right in front of the scales?...I'm sure you did'nt sit there with your headlights on shining in to his/her side window as 99% of the shuttle drivers do. BTW I see alot of drivers keep the doors closed while backing into a dock until they have it perfect then, pull up and open them. Alot of our swings will come loose in a flash, unless you bend the loop hoop, wrap tape around the hoop, or pinch it closed. BTW the way I've done the SAME thing as the above mentioned driver.

Jeepman the area he was trying to hit was just before the scale, plenty of room to swing right and back straight into the dock. It was daylight and I don't think I would have admitted to doing the same thing as this driver did Jeepman, really ? Can't you back up better than five times ? !

I'm talking about backing into the dock with the doors closed!...You know there are days I can blindside into a flys behind, in one pass, with 2 inches of room on each side, then there are days..........

Some of these shuttle driver can sure have an attitude problem. he gets on his walkie talkie phone to the front and says a driver is dropping a trailer in his door. ...
I am glad you clarified "some" and not all. This is the new generation! Will pull up and blind you with his headlights. I see it all the time.

Where is it that these drivers have walkie talkies? Isn't this device of which you speak yet another thing that our government/DOT has on the list of "can't use". What a crock!!!
Friend of mine tells me that FedEx policy is no cell phones in truck PERIOD! Not even with a headset. I would SO be breaking THOSE rules. What a crock.

I am glad you clarified "some" and not all. This is the new generation! Will pull up and blind you with his headlights. I see it all the time.

FedEx policy is no cell phones in truck PERIOD! Not even with a headset. I would SO be breaking THOSE rules. What a crock.

What, we have a no cell phone use at all rule???:nono_h4h::LMAO:

You know that old saying about rules???:guiness:

They want to enforce the rules when they need to, but they can abuse them as well???:LMAO:
That's right...in the back of all of these rules manuals that these companies put out is the disclaimer "Rules subject to change at anytime without notice" which negates anything that they say in the manual.

Bids:

Will we ever bid in March and September the way the bids were set up to be held originally? Or does it take Queen Pam a couple extra months to put them all together?

987070eeba81aa562f988b844b7a8f7276.png

Being "AT WILL HIRES" we are all subject to ANY changes handed down from ON HIGH!!!!! If you don't like it, you do have "OTHER OPTIONS" as I'm reminded.

They remind us of that often with their frequent poignant reminders of "If you don't like it, just quit"; a favorite saying of these people.

Well the bids will be rolling around soon. Wonder how many runs the queen of idiocy in Central Disp. can pawn off to sleeper teams or TL? The way I look at it is HO-HUM...who cares. Same ol' garbage with some of it missing is all.

YRC Freight is hiring full time road drivers Top pay 51 cents a mile in Charlotte NC .Takes like three years to get top pay but if they stay busy its worth it.

YRC? Are you serious? I think I will stay with our debt free company with a low to mid 90's OR ! Two years after the Teamsters union faced off against Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to keep YRC Worldwide Inc. out of bankruptcy, the second-biggest U.S. trucker is still struggling.

Credit-default swaps tied to the Overland Park-based trucking company imply an 87 percent chance of default, according to data provider CMA. Bonds from YRC, which employed 32,000 on Dec. 31, have lost 50 percent of their value in six months.

Read more here: Credit-default swap market still skeptical of YRC’s chances - KansasCity.com

YRC Freight is hiring full time road drivers Top pay 51 cents a mile in Charlotte NC .Takes like three years to get top pay but if they stay busy its worth it.

I think that would be one heck of a gamble for a driver to make, I for one would not do it. If it was ABF no problem at at all. After reading the YRC threads, who knows if they will be in business next!