Averitt | Rant !!

I, too, wouldn't touch YRC with a 10 foot pole.

As for the debt free bit, this is what we are being TOLD, no proof of any of that although with the junk factor of our old equipment, it MAY be true. Low 90's OR, yet another story spewed with absolutely ZERO substantiation but there are those that buy it hook, line and sinker. Not me, nor most of the proletariat at my facility.

OK, I will stir it.

Our bid sheet has not changed for the single shuttle drivers in about 5 years. Every 6 months we are served the same ol' crappy runs over and over and over. The only new additions that are seen are for teams and contractors (TL, US Express, LandStar, etc.)

The question begs so why the hell are we bidding? Can nothing new be offered? Or is it time for the ever so smart Pam R to resign and move on? Me thinks so.

Over the years we have lost a lot as well. Now too damn many teams and purchased transportation (Landstar, etc.).

I've said it before and I will say it again ONE MORE TIME. AE does NOT need all of these teams running all over the system pulling loads that shuttle can pull. Simple as that ! MFS or DAL to Ca. is fine. Other than that...a waste and not necessary. Having teams run 175 mile turns and drop out to pull a 200 mile run. But then again, that is the dinosaur dispatch mentality in cookvegas and until the garbage (Pam, Mike) is taken out it will never change.

3 Landstars at my house this am. No wonder we get the call that asks "You want to stay home tonight?"

ltl, be glad it's only purchase transportation. When they figure out there is a R.R., you guys will really be screwed like were feeling right now at FXF?

Well AE is all a twitter about profit sharing today; the flavor de jour of the week.

Although it is good that they can twist the numbers without any oversight whatsoever, to make those numbers be whatever they happen to want them to be in a given period, and nobody can examine said figures, auditors or otherwise, my question is if things are so good, why have we only had a 1 PPM raise in the last 6 years? And why are we the bottom feeders (even lower than Conway) in our industry among our competitors?

The worshipers will bow at the altar of Cookeville giving praise to the Messianic company for all the good that they are doing and shower LOADS of praise on how profitable they are. My question is this..In the words of our dear leader...Spread the wealth around.

ltl, be glad it's only purchase transportation. When they figure out there is a R.R., you guys will really be screwed like were feeling right now at FXF?

Avrt runs the Rail down to MIA, out of ATL and JAX, our trls show this ,,flat spoted tires, scraps and dents on the sides.

When I left to go home last nite, a LANDSTAR was leaving ORL with a MT T/L trl. I sure hope ...they don't give LANDSTAR all the good oneway runs. For many T/L drivers these are their load HOME. Of course some in CKV would rather like T/L stay out 2-3 weeks!

Over the years we have lost a lot as well. Now too damn many teams and purchased transportation (Landstar, etc.).

I've said it before and I will say it again ONE MORE TIME. AE does NOT need all of these teams running all over the system pulling loads that shuttle can pull. Simple as that ! MFS or DAL to Ca. is fine. Other than that...a waste and not necessary. Having teams run 175 mile turns and drop out to pull a 200 mile run. But then again, that is the dinosaur dispatch mentality in cookvegas and until the garbage (Pam, Mike) is taken out it will never change.

Must be a "ISSUE" out there in TX, the teams I see are running long miles.

New stupid policy

What is with the "DECREE FROM ON HIGH" that there will no longer be mounted tires ready to be installed on trucks and trailers that have tire "ISSUES". Are there people in CKV that do not realize that AVRT is a TRUCKING company?
When "ONETIME" deliveries are critical in this industry,we cannot afford to be standing around waiting for a tire to be dismounted from the trk or trl, then dismounted from the rim, then remounted. Of course finding a mechanic that is not busy doing something else is a issue. Hey CKV...we are working/living on a 14 hr clock,many of us do not have the time to be standing around. Drivers and YARDMEN do not do walk arounds prior to putting a trl to the dock or dropping on the yard, soooo...it's come down to SCREW the next guy, and I"M TIRED OF GETTING F""""D OVER BY THE LAST LAZY ARSED DRIVER!!! THIS IS A STUPID POLICY...I DO NOT GET PAID A DIME,STANDING AROUND WAITING FOR A TIRE CHANGE,WHILE MY 14 HR CLOCK IS RUNNING.

I know of TWO places this happens ALL to often....one is in Braselton Ga and the 2nd is at FUL...Hmmmm?

And for those that went to war they said "there are no atheists in foxholes" That being said doesn't necessarily mean that just because someone gets scared enough to look to God for a short time because their afraid to die that they will truly follow Him for the rest of their life.

in my time in the military we had a saying that you will never see atheist in a foxhole.

What is with the "DECREE FROM ON HIGH" that there will no longer be mounted tires ready to be installed on trucks and trailers that have tire "ISSUES". Are there people in CKV that do not realize that AVRT is a TRUCKING company?
When "ONETIME" deliveries are critical in this industry,we cannot afford to be standing around waiting for a tire to be dismounted from the trk or trl, then dismounted from the rim, then remounted. Of course finding a mechanic that is not busy doing something else is a issue. Hey CKV...we are working/living on a 14 hr clock,many of us do not have the time to be standing around. Drivers and YARDMEN do not do walk arounds prior to putting a trl to the dock or dropping on the yard, soooo...it's come down to SCREW the next guy, and I"M TIRED OF GETTING F""""D OVER BY THE LAST LAZY ARSED DRIVER!!! THIS IS A STUPID POLICY...I DO NOT GET PAID A DIME,STANDING AROUND WAITING FOR A TIRE CHANGE,WHILE MY 14 HR CLOCK IS RUNNING.
New tire company...Gone are new Bridgestone, hello Goodyear. New steers put on the front of my shaker a couple weeks ago....Goodyear. One had balancing weights and the other did not and it shook like you wouldn't believe. Wrote it up, turned it in and took tractor to shop. They looked at me like I had 3 heads.

Averitt, with all of it's newly found profit sharing dollars, has decided to go the cheap route (as they always do) and are going to have the mechanics do tires. Delay, delay, delay and more delay. Go to the shop and the mechanics scatter like roaches in the night.

BUT BY GOD MAKE THAT CUT TIME. These people are so lost in the wilderness.

has decided to go the cheap route (as they always do) and are going to have the mechanics do tires
Thanks for the update, as I wasn't aware of this yet. I don't see the logic in this decision. The tire has to mounted on a rim at some point, so why delay the inevitable?

They are way to smart for us to figure out and way to smart to consult with us working stiffs about ANYTHING. When you are a wizard of smart, you make decisions, not by practical means, but because some higher up said something to the effect of "We need to cut down costs in our maintenance program". The assembled seals sit there and clap like seals on the coast thinking that the upper crust is absolutely genius. They waddle back to their collective cubicles and dream up sh*t like this to impose upon those that have to deal with ii, having ZERO concern or care about the unforeseen circumstances in the field. They waddle back to the follow up meeting, make theirmoronic suggestion to the shirts and the seals that were involved are showered with praise and applauded.

This is what is called the unintended consequences of idiotic action coupled with hair-on-fire management. I am telling you that until the current middle management is swept out to the trash pile and new blood installed, it will NEVER EVER change.