Averitt | Rant !!

I trying to think of how many flat tires I had to have replaced in the past year, I can think of two, not bad for over 450 dispatches. So I will file this policy up as "not affected"

I trying to think of how many flat tires I had to have replaced in the past year, I can think of two, not bad for over 450 dispatches. So I will file this policy up as "not affected"
I have had 6 in 7 weeks.One was a steer tire.Yes I do a pre-trip using a ballpeen and a air gage.

You will because after a casing has been capped a number of times, the casing is no good.

As for 2 tires in 450 dispatches...you are just lucky! You will feel the effects of this new tire change policy before yolu know it so don't file that problem (oh wait...opportunity) too far away.

I think I will just count my blessings of riding on fully inflated tires and remember the good ole days while waiting on the shop to change them out.

Goodyears.......ARRRGH!....My GOD.... Bridgstone Steer tires are the INDUSTRY STANDARD.....I run 11700-12200 on the steers ALL the time, I have 100k on mine right now and they still look great. I've have never in over 2.5 millon miles EVER lost a Bridgstone Steer tire, I have NEVER lost a Virgin Bridgstone tire drive or trl to a blow out....I do check my trl tires every day and during stops and BEFORE I DROP IT. I've seen the new recap drv tire pattern...not impressive!

We are still pulling loads out of JAX to Lebanon and Manchester....I believe its a cost issue....I friend of mine who drives with Conway T/L,told me they switched to GoodYears due to cost and they are not as good as Bridgestones or Michlen's!

Southern Tire Mart was the vendor most used in the south. I see Wingfoot locations all over the place (Flying J is one example). Is this who we will visit if we are on the road?

I also am not impressed by the new drive cap tread pattern. One of them totally peeled the cap under pressure of a 28k load but the tire stayed aired up. Cheap is the AE norm!

My daycab "had" a set of fresh Goodyears on the steer. Even after having been balanced they shook so violently that I had them pulled off.

How many have been instructed to use Macro 53 in breakdown situations? How confident are you that the problem is going to be handled by just inputting the info and sending it? Of course not.

I was bored and did it the other week when I had a tire changed in BHM, they replied back within 5 minutes.

How did they reply? Phone call? message on QC? WHat you don't realize CM is that your driver # has a "Most Favored Status" icon beside your name! :o

Good point Lifer, they messaged me to check on me, the main reason I did it while on the yard was to hopefully leave a "paper trail" in case I was late on my arrival into Knx.

Why do you take it upon yourself to care what time you arrive? If central doesn't, why should you? I'm WAY beyond worrying about time.

I reckon there is 250.00 reward for running the schedules on time, all drivers who leave and arrive on time get their names in a hat for a 250.00 gift, program goes through June.

Why do you take it upon yourself to care what time you arrive? If central doesn't, why should you? I'm WAY beyond worrying about time.

I'm in that same boat with ya. I never look at what time I'm to arrive, I just get the paperwork and hit the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon there is 250.00 reward for running the schedules on time, all drivers who leave and arrive on time get their names in a hat for a 250.00 gift, program goes through June.
Funny, we never heard about this! But with the terminal manager we have it doesn't surprise me one bit. $250 to be on time? Doesn't seem like for that little amount that it is THAT important to them.

We had a combo driver leave us and go to a competitor whose tractors are almost the same color red as ours with yellow lettering (you all know who I am referring to!). He started out making more cpm than he was topped out at here at AE (.425 per mi.) and will get increases over the next 18 months until he tops out at significantly more than $.50 per mile. They also get paid for drops and hooks, off route miles, etc. They also top out at 4 weeks vacation time. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

But "woe is me Averitt and their "times are tough, we aren't making any money, fuel prices are too high"...the list of whining excuses is endless. We as employees continue to clap like seals at every falsehood they shoot down the pike as we have no way to substantiate their ludicrous claims since AE is not publicly traded. We are lead to believe that we are supposed to believe everything that Richard K spews out.

Most of us have their number (I know full well that I do). Until the middle and upper levels of management are sent packing and we have some competent individuals that know what the hell they are doing (most likely as a result of a buyout), prepare to live with what you are getting currently. It will never ever change.

Reading the current edition of "The Pravda"...AE's propaganda rag and saw this paragraph in one of the fabricated stories.

For the last
eight-and-a-half years, David
has watched over outbound
operations while also serving
as a “freight firefighter,” as he
calls it.

Are you kidding me?