Averitt | Rant !!

Rhen he gets lowest available at that point. Seniority should never sit home while juniir guys roll, unless of ciurse he wants to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

If truth be known, AE would like to have all combo and zero shuttle. Think of this absurdity...Combo Single Sleeper. This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. I guess you work the dock or city, sweat your butt off, sit around afterwards to wait for a 500+ mile run. Totally absurd.

Well I wonder how much of our profit sharing $$$ were spent in airline tickets to fly the many participants to play golf in kookvegas? But don't you DARE idle that tractor.

And on another subject....

The tractors that we drive are governed at 65 mph because this "saves fuel" :hysterical: and also because we are "going green". :biglaugh:

How about our salespeople's cars? How about the terminal managers? How about our illustrative and highly trained and competent safety guys? Are their assigned company cars governed at 65 mph? Hmmm??????????????

I think not. Like we've always heard...What's good for the goose.

You know you're impeding traffic when Con-Way passes you. However, we're going green so what difference does it make?

Dear Terminal Manager Training Facility:

Please send us a competent Terminal Manager! The one we have now sucks out loud!

Sincerely,

All of the employees at my facility.

I'm picking up an LTL at the chi yard late at night when a piece of trash slimes out of a Landstar truck and walks toward my truck...the first thing I'm thinking is don't get to close to my truck I don't know how far fleas jump...then he barks out "how do you get to I-57 from here...now I know but my brain was stuck in neutral as I calculated how far fleas could jump...I reach over and grab my Atlas when he ( or it) said "Oh I can do that" and slimed back into his truck...

I'm picking up an LTL at the chi yard late at night when a piece of trash slimes out of a Landstar truck and walks toward my truck...the first thing I'm thinking is don't get to close to my truck I don't know how far fleas jump...then he barks out "how do you get to I-57 from here...now I know but my brain was stuck in neutral as I calculated how far fleas could jump...I reach over and grab my Atlas when he ( or it) said "Oh I can do that" and slimed back into his truck...

But BY G_D, don't be caught without your beloved and highly stylish uniform on. Bunch of #$%^&* hypocrites we work for.

I swear to god when he came to my truck I honestly didn't know what IT was...to say it came out of a garbage heap would not do it justice...

I got a candy bar out of a vending machine and in the change was a 1947 silver dime...I'm in the money...

How many of my fellw AE drivers are going to park it and/or call in sick in support of the trucker strike and the convoy on DC starting tomorrow? How many are going to show up because of fear of the silly little attendance points? I say NOBODY should run tomorrow and also not spend money this weekend. Do you have the huevos?

Not me, I will be there, shocker. Not going to penalize my family budget by a nights loss of income and not to mention the customers that depend on our service times and the fact that they might need it Monday since very few customers,who are struggling already, keep much inventory anymore. I've lost 416 miles this week so far to the economy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not me, I will be there, shocker. Not going to penalize my family budget by a nights loss of income and not to mention the customers that depend on our service times and the fact that they might need it Monday since very few customers,who are struggling already, keep much inventory anymore. I've lost 416 miles this week so far to the economy.
OMG, I am totally shocked. A day off is worth WAY more to me than any "budget" that may be in place for my family. One thing that I will NEVER say is that "I wish I had spent more time at work"!

I'm all about family time and vacations but to take a random night off without any plans is a wasted day for me.